I have officially been blogging for a week now! I know a lot of my fellow bloggies are hitting the 3-4-5 year marks, but none the less, I am proud of myself 🙂
I’ve been thoroughly enjoying myself so far in this little endeavour! I’ve learned tons just in my first week and look forward to writing this blog for a loooooooong time.
Livefit Day 37 – Chest/Abs/Cardio
- 5 x 8 wide grip barbell bench press (45 lbs warm up, 55 lbs)
- 3 x 15 pushups
- 3 x 10 cable crossover (7.5 lbs)
- 3 x 10 incline dumbbell bench press (20 lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 10 side-to-side pushups (on knees)
- 3 x 20 toe touchers
- 3 x 20 crunches with legs in the air
- 3 x 10 leg raises on captains chair
- 3 x 10 cable crunch
- 30 minutes medium intensity run (2.9 miles)
The weather was decent enough that I decided to take the run outside. I don’t mind the elliptical at the gym, but I definitely have the “dreadmill” mindset when it comes to running. I would much rather be outside!
Right now, when I’m going for my runs I’m taking it at a fairly slow pace (for me). Before I took time off for livefit, my pace was around 9 minute miles. I’ve been taking these runs at 10:00-10:30 minute runs, because:
- Since I took time off, I feel I should ease my way back into to avoid injury.
- Livefit recommends taking the cardio to medium intensity, so I’m not going to overdo it.
- I’m not going for runs until around 10:00 am, so really it’s just too damn hot to really push myself.
Weird story from today’s run – I almost tripped over a rabbit.
I was looking straight ahead, when I heard a rustling near my feet – I looked down and there was a bunny literally inches away. For a second I was worried I was going to step on him! I’ve never seen a wild rabbit get that close to me before…I guess animals in London aren’t very shy?
On Julie’s blog the other day, I saw she had mixed hummus into her scrambled eggs. I thought it was a little odd – but I was definitely intrigued.
My verdict? SO GOOD.
The hummus added a nice creamy texture to the eggs. I used a roasted red pepper hummus, so it added a nice burst of flavour as well.
I had a chopped banana, blueberries, and grapes on the side.
I realize this is a pretty small breakfast – but I’ve been having some stomach issues since last night that are pretty much killing my appetite. Definitely not cool, considering how much I like to eat!
Have a lovely Tuesday! 🙂
<— Eggs with hummus: weird or awesome?