…Is one that someone you love makes for you 🙂
But I’ll get to that!
I worked about a 6 hour shift at the market today. Doing prep days = not fun. As much as I enjoy cheese curds (and snacking on them while working) I had to break down 90 lbs of the stuff into 1/2 lb bags. SO.MUCH.CHEESE.
Seriously, how much poutine would that make? (you know you’re Canadian when…)
After I finished up at the market, I headed over to the gym for Livefit day 39 – arms/abs/cardio.
- 3 x 10 barbell curls (40 lbs)
- 3 x 10 overhead dumbbell curl (12.5 lbs dumbbells)
- 3 x 10 hammer cable curls – rope (27.5 lbs)
- 3 x 10 alternate hammer curls (15 lbs dumbbells)
- 3 x 15 tricep dips
- 3 x 10 skullcrushers (30 lbs – up 10 bs)
- 3 x 10 seated tricep press (25 lbs)
- 3 x 10 tricep pushdown – rope (20 lbs)
- 3 x 25 air bike
- 3 x 10 jackknife sit up
- 3 x 10 captains chair
- 26 minutes medium intensity incline treadmill walk (was not feeling the elliptical today…and I figured 26 minutes was close enough, didn’t want to walk through more commericals :-))
Not a lot of significant gains since last week with this arm workout – that’s ok though! Everyone has one body part that they struggle with when it comes to muscle/strength gains. My arms are definitely mine! They seem determined to remain as small and weak as possible. Just have to keep working on it. 🙂
After spending all day on my feet and then going to the gym, I was not feeling particularly inspired to whip something up for dinner.
So, I told Eric it was his turn.
His favourite thing to make: Chinese-style stir fried noodles with chicken and veggies.
He doesn’t really follow a recipe – it involves instant noodles (is everyone having high school/college flashbacks right now?), sesame seed oil, soy sauce, ginger, teriyaki sauce, chopped chicken, and frozen stirfry veggies.
So simple, so tasty…and I didn’t have to cook it!
As much as I love cooking, I like to take a night off once in a while, especially when I’ve had a busy day. This is like getting Chinese takeout, but cheaper! And when you don’t go nuts with the oil, it’s healthier too.
Tasty and filling, without being too heavy or oily.
Clearly, he is proud of himself 🙂
<– Chinese food: make it or order it?
<– Who’s the cook in your household?
P.S. Did you notice the pinterest button I added last night? I have a mild-to-moderate pinterest obsession. You should follow me. 🙂