I woke up today, pulled on gym clothes and I was off. 🙂
Livefit Day 50 – arms/abs/cardio
- 4 x 15 diamond pushups
- 4 x 8 seated tricep press (25 lbs)
- 4 x 8 cable one arm tricep extension (15 lbs)
- 4 x 8 one arm reverse tricep pushdown (12.5 lbs, up 2.5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 skullcrushers (30 lbs)
- 4 x 8 close grip barbell bench press (45 lbs, up 5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 incline dumbbell curl (17.5 lb dumbbells, up 2.5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 alternate bicep curl (17.5 lb dumbbells, up 2.5 lbs)
- 2 x 21 barbell bicep curl (30 lbs)
- 3 x 25 stability ball crunch
- 3 x 15 weighted jackknife situps (4 lbs)
- 3 x 15 double crunches
- 30 minutes medium intensity treadmill (2.7 miles)
I really was not feeling a fast run on the treadmill today, so I kept it super easy (for my abilities) and stuck with 11:00-12:00 minute miles. Yay listening to my body!
I was watching the Nate Berkus show while on the treadmill, and a commercial for Oliver Jewellery came on – you know, the cashman guy? (youtube link here if you have no idea what I’m talking about). Pretty sure this is the most annoying guy on television. And also, his “Ohhh Yea!” reminds me of the Kool-Aid Man. But not nearly as cool, because the Kool-Aid Man was awesome, as opposed to just overly irritating. Although I always had to wonder of the kids in the Kool-Aid commercials got in trouble for having a giant glass pitcher full of coloured liquid burst through the wall and thereby pretty much destroying the house.
Yea, I think about weird things when I’m exercising sometimes. 🙂
I stopped at the grocery store on the way home. We were desperately, desperately in need of some veggies and fruit – I’m pretty sure the vegetable crisper in the fridge consisted of half a cucumber, half a bag of baby carrots, 2 tomatoes and a handful of potatoes. Unacceptable. Here’s the haul I brought home:
Meats, dairy and the like:
- 1% cottage cheese
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- lean ground chicken
- shrimp and scallop mix
- havarti cheese slices
- reduced fat pork sausages (had no intention of buying these, but they were $2.00 off plus an additional 30%. I am a sucker for a deal).
- baby carrots (pretty sure I have more carrots than blood in my veins, I eat the things so much)
- bell peppers
- romaine lettuce (hidden under the broccoli)
- baby spinach
- apparently it didn’t make it into the picture, but I also bought a basket of local peaches I am seriously excited for.
- shave gel
- a loofah
Definitely recommend buying drugstore-like items at grocery stores when you can – it tends to be so much cheaper!
So considering that I worked out out for over an hour and a half, then went grocery shopping, all on half a protein bar – I was STARVING when I got home. I made Eric a breakfast burrito (scrambled eggs, deli roast beef, havarti cheese on a whole wheat wrap) and I definitely stole a few bites of egg while prepping my own breakfast.
A microwave chocolate peanut butter protein muffin. Clearly, made in a mug – so fast and easy!
Although this was super tasty, it turned out a teeny bit dry, so I’m going to tweak the recipe a bit before I post it – I promise it’ll be a good one though!
I halved it and topped it with Dark Chocolate Dreams – just to add to the chocolate-peanut-buttery-ness. Yummy and incredibly quick – just what I needed.
My plans for the afternoon? BATMAN. In Imax 3D. Yea, excited. 🙂
<– What commercials do you hate or find annoying?
<– What do you think about when you’re exercising?