Over dinner the other day, Eric and I got to talking about what our last meal would be if we were on death row (completely hypothetical of course – we don’t even have the death penalty). You know you want to it be all as tasty as possible and include everything you love, because it’s your last chance to eat – ever. Because it’s me and it’s a food related question, I stewed on it for a while until I had the best answer possible. 🙂
This is what I came up with:
- a Black Dragon sushi roll (it varies from place to place, but generally it has tempura shrimp, cucumber and avocado, wrapped in sushi rice and nori with eel on top)
- roasted red pepper hummus with crudités and crackers
- a big pile of pulled pork absolutely smothered in a sweet BBQ sauce
- bacon wrapped scallops
- crispy and not-too-greasy calamari rings
- deep fried ice cream from Under the Volcano (A Mexican restaurant here in London that I absolutely love) – Eric and I are actually going there for dinner on Friday night so don’t be surprised if it makes an appearance.
- it would have to be served with a froyo-style toppings bar – so I would add banana slices, maraschino cherries, chocolate chip cookie dough, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, crumbled Nestle Crunch bar, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and -of course- sprinkles.
Clearly, I put a lot of thought into this 🙂 I think this pretty much covered my favourite foods in a nutshell – I love sushi, seafood and BBQ, and my sweet tooth is actually kind of horrendous. And I need to eat hummus pretty much every day.
When I asked Eric this question, his answer was: “A f*ck-ton of sushi”.
Probably not a bad way to go either 😉
Livefit Day 51 – legs
- 2 x 15, 2 to failure narrow stance barbell squats (85 lbs)
- 4 x 8 narrow stance leg press (2 45 lb plates on each side)
- 4 x 8 barbell step-ups (55 lbs – up 5 lbs)
- 3 x 20 walking dumbbell double lunges (20 lb dumbbells – owww)
- 4 x 8 single leg barbell squat (60 lb – up 5 lbs)
- 3 x 20, last to failure seated horizontal leg press (170 lbs)
- 3 x 20, last to failure standing calf raise (95 lbs)
- 3 x 10, last to failure leg extensions (105 lbs)
Even a few gains is still awesome. 🙂
Eggs definitely sounded like a good idea this morning.
One slice of toasted whole wheat bread with strawberry jam, a slice of havarti cheese and two eggs sunny-side up. A few strawberries on the side because they taste good and look pretty. 🙂
If you haven’t tried the jam/cheese/egg combination…you need to try it. The little bit of sweetness makes it so, so good.
Halfway through the week!
<– What would you include in your last meal?
<– How do you like your eggs? Runny yolk, scrambled, hard-boiled, or something else all together?