My legs were definitely sore when I work up this morning – those double lunges from yesterday’s workout are coming back to haunt me a little bit. 🙂
Livefit Day 52 – Chest/Abs/Cardio
- 1 x 8 warm up barbell bench press (45 lbs)
- 4 x 8 reverse tricep bench press (45 lbs, up 5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 dumbbell flies (17.5 lb dumbbells, up 2.5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 incline dumbbell bench press (22.5 lbs dumbbells, up 2.5 lbs)
- 4 x 8 incline barbell bench press (45 lbs)
- 4 x 8 bench dips
- 4 x 8 cable crossover (10 lbs each side)
- 3 x 25 weighted crunches (12 lbs, up 2 lbs)
- 3 x 15 hanging knee raise
- 3 x 15 reverse crunches
- 30 minutes medium intensity elliptical
This is the workout I struggled with last week…I came back and completely kicked it’s @ss today. So proud of myself for that! Chest, I am back for vengeance. 🙂
This recipe I was working on the other day? I tried it again today and was much happier with the result. This is delicious, fast and chock-full of protein – perfect for breakfast or a post-workout snack.
Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Muffin
Inspired from this recipe – serves 1
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder (I use Whey Gourmet brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- sweetener to taste (I used 8 drops of liquid stevia, I imagine you could substitute 1/2 to 1 tablespoon sugar, or one package powdered stevia or splenda)
- Make sure the mug you’re about to use is microwave-safe. (I almost made that mistake!)
- Mix all ingredients in the mug – make sure it’s a relatively tall mug, this muffin expands quite a bit in the microwave.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Dump out onto a plate. Add a big spoonful of nut butter (preferably chocolate peanut butter) on top when it’s still warm so it gets deliciously melty and gooey all down the sides.
- If possible, find heart-shaped sprinkles left over from Valentine’s Day and sprinkle on top for extra enjoyment. 🙂
So yummy. The coconut oil adds a little bit of flavour and keeps it from getting too dense while keeping the fat and calories in check. Definitely one of my best purchases as of late!
I love how versatile this recipe is – you could use pretty much any sort of flavoured protein powder and you’re good. I’d be interested to try a fruity version, like a strawberry or a banana flavoured!
Here are the stats according to http://www.myfitnesspal.com – using Whey Gourmet protein powder, other protein powders might change up the stats a little bit.
(without peanut butter or sprinkles)
- 252 calories
- 8 grams carbs
- 12 grams fat
- 27 grams protein
Definitely a great start to my day. 🙂
Have a good one!
<– Did you workout today? How did it go?
<– Ever try making a mug cake/muffin before? What did you think? – I’m definitely a fan. Much too impatient to wait for the oven in the mornings. 🙂