1. Did not blog last night. I had these leftovers for lunch and dinner, and otherwise sat on my bum and watched a lot of Olympics. I figured I’d save you the boring-ness.
2. (Warning, Olympic spoiler, but you probably only care if you’re Canadian)
CANADA HAS A GOLD MEDAL!!! 😀
Rosannagh McLennan of King City, Ontario managed to pull out a gold medal in women’s trampoline. Our first gold!! So proud of her.
Unfortunately, for the first time in four games, teammate Karen Cockburn finished in fourth and did not medal. But, those ladies did amazing and I’m super proud of them!
I saw this when I was on the elliptical at the gym…pretty sure I almost let out a cheer. Probably would have gotten a lot of weird looks. What can I say? Proud Canadian here.
Also, have you seen how high those people get on trampoline? I swear, they could be flipping over those British double-decker buses.
Onto the rest of today!
Livefit Day 61 – back/biceps/abs/sprints
- 3 x 12 assisted pull ups (set to 50 lbs)
- 3 x 12 medicine ball twists (4 lbs)
Superset + Active rest
- 3 x 15 seated cable rows (37.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 seated cable row to neck (20 lbs)
- 3 x 25 reverse sit ups
- 3 x 15 bent-arm dumbbell pullover (17.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 decline crunch
Superset + Active rest
- 3 x 15 wide grip lat pulldown (27.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 underhand cable pulldown (27.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 exercise ball crunch
- 3 x 15 standing bicep cable curl (17.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 spider crunch
Working set + Active rest
- 3 x 15 hammer curls (12.5 lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 15 tuck jumps
- 3 x 21 bicep curl 21’s
- 30 minutes elliptical: 3 minute warm up, 30 second sprints, 30 seconds off for 25 minutes, 2 minute cool down (3.25 miles)
Wow, this workout is kind of all over the place, isn’t it?
I’m not a sweaty person. Like at all – I can wear my workout clothes a couple of times before washing them (gross, but true) because they don’t get that bad. But at the end of this workout, I was positively dripping sweat. I blame the time on the elliptical – I was really motoring during those sprints!
I was feeling a rather Meg-inspired breakfast today.
Eggs and oats!
1 egg + egg whites, cooked in coconut oil.
1/2 cup oats cooked in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, with cinnamon and liquid stevia mixed in. Topped with blueberries, because blueberries are awesome.
I’m going to go ahead and assume that you, dear reader, like oats. I don’t think I’ve ever met a blogger/healthy living enthusiast that doesn’t!
How do you like them though? Runny or chewy?
I’m definitely in the chewy category. I prefer mine so thick they practically clump together. To me, runny oats are just weird.
Now, back to taking care of this problem.
(there’s an ice pack in that sock, fyi).
I’m still feeling the shin splints a bit today. Again, not really painful, but I’d rather nip in the bud before it starts to really bug me. So, sticking with the icing + stretching approach.
I’ve got some shopping plans for later today – going to the mall with Mel. The goal? Try not to spend too much money – I just got my first semester’s tuition bill yesterday, and that’s going to hurt a bit when I go to pay for it. 😦
Although, not spending too much money in a mall that involved GNC and lululemon is difficult, just difficult. 😉
Have a lovely Saturday!
<– Chewy or runny oats? I just don’t get you runny people. 😉
<– Any injuries you’ve had to fight off lately?