I’ll jump right into it today so I can get to the good stuff. 🙂
Livefit day 66 – chest/shoulders/abs/sprints
- 3 x 15 incline dumbbell press (17.5 lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 15 dumbbell shoulder press (12.5 lb dumbbells)
Workout set + Active rest
- 3 x 15 cable crossovers (10 lbs each side, up 2.5 lbs)
- 3 x 12 medicine ball pushups (on knees)
- 3 x 15 dumbbell overhead squat (12.5 lbs, up 2.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 double crunches
Superset + Active rest
- 3 x 15 side lateral raise (5 lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 15 standing dumbbell upright row (12.5 lb dumbbells)
- 3 x 10 burpees
- 3 x 15 assisted dips (50 lbs on machine)
- 3 x 15 captain’s chair knee raise
- 3 x 15 pushups
- 30 minute treadmill sprints – 3 minute warm up, 1 minute sprint, 1 minute recovery, 1 minute cool down (2.6 miles)
Effective, as per usual. 🙂 That cable crossover/medicine ball pushups combination is intense. Even doing the pushups on my knees, my chest/shoulders were screaming by the end!
It’s rainy and dreary today, so something warm and comforting was definitely needed for breakfast. I was thinking oatmeal, but I decided to change it up a little bit.
1/4 cup quinoa cooked in 1/2 cup water with cinnamon and a few drops of liquid stevia. I then added a chopped banana and topped it with blueberries and almond butter.
Nice change up! Although, this breakfast wasn’t as high in protein as my usual breakfasts (10 grams versus my usual 20-30 grams) so we’ll see how well this tides me over.
The lovely Laurie of Love, Laugh, Laurie nominated me for my first ever blog award – The Liebster Award.
Thanks so much Laurie!
Here are the rules: you tell 11 random things about yourself, you answer the questions the nominator had for you and you come up 11 questions for 11 people you nominate.
11 random things about me:
1. I’m obsessed with pugs. I don’t own one, but it’s my goal to get one as soon as it’s economically feasible. They are so adorable it’s ridiculous.
2. I’ve travelled around Canada and the US and I’ve been to the Bahamas, but I’ve never been to Europe. That is the life goal.
3. I basically have the next ten years planned out in my head. Type A personality much?
4. I wore gel nails for about 6 years. I got them removed about a month ago, and now I have the most paper-thin nails in existence.
5. I’m a grammar freak. Poor grammar, spelling and misused punctuation actually makes me freak out. They’re/their/there are NOT interchangeable!
6. Clearly, by my love of copying random pictures over from my Pinterest onto the blog, I have a minor Pinterest obsession. And by minor, I mean life-consuming.
7. Harley Pasternak graduated from the same university that I did. (it called for random, didn’t it?)
8. I’m the cheapest person ever when it comes to clothes. Most of my workout stuff comes from Walmart, and I get most of my regular stuff on sale. I couldn’t tell you the last time I spent more than about $15 on a shirt. I’m a freak for sales.
9. I always have a stash of chocolate in my house. Everyone close to me knows how much I love the stuff, so I always get tons for Christmas, Easter and my birthday. So much, that I can actually make it last most of the year.
10. I love crossword puzzles. But I like the ones in the newspaper, because I can actually finish them.
11. I’ve seen pretty much every episode in existence of Two and A Half Men, the Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother. If Barney was a real person I would need to be his friend.
Laurie’s (Olympic-themed) Questions for me:
1. Favourite Olympic event to watch: I’m going to say beach volleyball or gymnastics. Neither of which I can do very well. 🙂
2. What event would you participate in if you had unlimited talent: Trampoline for sure. It is insane how high they can go on that thing. It takes me back to childhood trying to flip around on friend’s trampolines.
3. What is your favourite quote: Uhh, tough question. I don’t know if it’s my favourite, but this one’s up there:
Can’t go wrong with anything Wuthering Heights. 🙂
4. What is your favourite way to work out? This changes on a month-to-month basis. Right now, I’m really loving the heavy weights.
5. Have you seen the Dark Knight Rises, and is it not the best movie ever? Yes, and it’s definitely up there.
6. Best movie you’ve seen recently? Look at the previous question. 🙂
7. What is your favourite memory? Umm…again, tough question. Going to the Bahamas with my mom when I was about 10 was pretty amazing.
8. What are you currently reading? Book 5 of the Game of Thrones series – A Dance With Dragons.
9. If you are married, what were your wedding colours, and if you aren’t – what colours do you think they will be? Not married yet, but when I get there I think I want purple and white, with black and silver accents.
10. Favourite movie trilogy? Even though only one has been released so far (for the English version), I’m going to ahead and say The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. If they’re as good as the books, guaranteed I will love them.
11. Favourite beverage? Are we talking alcoholic or non alcoholic? I mainly drink water, but I have a weakness for diet dr. pepper. And mojitos, those are pretty awesome too (and mudslides, but I keep those for very special occasions).
Ok, my questions!
- Treadmill or outdoor running?
- Would you rather watch a movie or a (commercial-less) tv show?
- PJs, yoga pants or housecoat for lounge around the house sort of days?
- Regular or egg white omelet? Or no omelets at all?
- Favourite chip flavour?
- What’s the best way for you to relax?
- Favourite chocolate bar in existence?
- Shorts, full length pants or capris to work out in?
- Red or white wine?
- Favourite colour to paint your toenails?
- Sweet or savoury breakfast?
I realize this has been going around for a while, so a lot of who I nominate have probably been nominated already. But, I’ll just pretend I don’t know that. 🙂
- Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin
- Alex @ The Run Within
- Meg @ A Dash of Meg
- Cait @ Cait Plus Ate
- Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn
- Paige @ Your Trainer Paige
- Heather @ For the Love of Kale
- Sable @ Squat Like a Lady
- Sloane @ Strength in Freedom
- Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli
- Tessa @ Amazing Asset
<– Answer a question or two, or tell me something random about yourself!