My old boss wanted another day of ice cream sampling, so naturally I said yes. Giving away samples = I get some too. 🙂
It also means I was up at 7 this morning (I’m getting bad with sleeping in, 7 am feels torturous to me right now!) to hit the gym. Although I don’t like being up that early, I have to admit the gym is nice and quiet at 7:30 am on a Saturday.
Livefit Day 68 – back/biceps/abs/sprints
- 3 x 12 assisted pull ups (50 lbs on machine)
- 3 x 12 medicine ball twists (6 lbs, up 2 lbs)
Superset + Active rest
- 3 x 15 seated cable row (40 lbs, up 5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 row to neck (25 lbs, up 5 lbs)
- 3 x 25 reverse crunches
- 3 x 15 Bent-arm dumbbell pullover (20 lbs, up 2.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 decline crunch
Superset + Active rest
- 3 x 15 wide grip lat pulldown (27.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 underhanded grip lat pulldown (27.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 exercise ball crunch
- 3 x 15 standing bicep cable curl (20 lbs, up 2.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 spider crunch
Working set + Active rest
- 3 x 15 hammer curls (12.5 lbs)
- 3 x 15 tuck jumps
- 3 x 21 barbell 21’s (30 lbs)
- 20 minutes elliptical sprints – 3 minute warm up, 30 seconds sprint, 30 seconds recover for 17 minutes (2 miles)
The plan calls for 30 minutes of sprints, but my body was NOT feeling it today. My energy was lacking and my legs didn’t want to move – this is definitely an intense program! 30 minutes of sprints 4 times a weeks starts to catch up to you.
I was also running low on time, so I called it a day at 20 minutes. Yay listening to my body! (and my desire to not be late for work). 🙂
After a quick shower, I needed a breakfast I could make and shove in my mouth as fast as possible.
A breakfast sandwich – 1 egg, 1 slice turkey bacon, 1 slice havarti cheese and a smear of jam on a whole wheat english muffin, with cherries oh the side.
I make Eric the same sandwich most mornings (minus the jam, he doesn’t understand that jam with egg and cheese is AMAZING) and I pretty much have it down to science.
Throw the english muffin in the toaster, give a small microwave-safe dish a quick spray with cooking spray, throw in an egg, pierce it, and add salt and pepper.
Add one slice of turkey bacon on the side and throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Afterwards, microwave in 10 second intervals until egg is done (usually takes an extra 30 seconds total for me).
In the meantime, when the muffin pops, add jam (if using) and slice of cheese. When egg is done, turn upside down on top of the cheese (to allow for full melting potential), cut turkey bacon in half and add on top of the egg, top with other half of english muffin.
There you go – the 3 minute 1-handed “Oh-my-god-I’m-in-such-a-hurry” breakfast.
Talk to you soon!
<– Favourite breakfast on the go?
<– Anyone else hitting up a farmer’s market today?