I stole borrowed this survey from the lovely Lisa – it seemed like it would be a fun read while I’m likely still struggling to unpack in my new apartment (sans internet. This will not be a good couple of days).
1. Favourite cereal as a child?
In elementary school, I ate cereal for breakfast every morning. I remember eating a lot of Lucky Charms, until my mom caught onto the fact that I was eating the marshmallows and eating around the actual cereal. I did however, eat a lot of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Corn Pops. Which is probably why I won’t buy it anymore – I could go through a box in a few days.
You know it looks amazing!
2. Coffee or tea? With or without milk?
Ugh. I f you’ve been reading for a while, you know of my intense dislike for coffee. Something about that flavour I just can’t do! I like it if it’s in a dessert or an alcoholic beverage, but to just drink a cup of coffee is unfathomable to me.
Definitely all about the tea for me. And I don’t add milk – usually just a packet of granulated stevia or a few drops of liquid.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
Hard question! I work out in the mornings before breakfast, so I’m always looking for protein when I’m done. So I’m going to say eggs/egg whites or protein powder!
My favourite protein pancake has both
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a peanut butter and jelly or a grilled cheese, which would you choose?
While I love peanut butter, I don’t eat it on sandwiches all that often. But a good grilled cheese is lifechanging.
Mmm, delicious melty-ness.
2. You can only put 4 ingredients in a salad, not including greens or dressing; what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, what greens and dressing would you choose?
Well, I need my protein, so I’m going to go with chicken or eggs. I’d also add sweet potato, goat cheese and blueberries. I usually like romaine or spinach as the base, with balsamic dressing.
Just needed some goat cheese and this salad would have been perfect.
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
Hmm, tough one! I usually try to get in veggies of some sort of lunch, whether it’s a salad or in the form of carrot sticks. Either way, I try to make sure it happens in some form.
Or stirfry veggies, that works too.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
If I have to do fast food, Subway is always my fallback. A 6 inch sub with either chicken, turkey or ham on whole wheat.
With lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, pickles, black olives, banana peppers and honey mustard. It always hits the spot.
2. TV/Computer on or off while eating?
Ugh, I am so bad for this. Literally the only time I eat either without the tv on or sitting at my computer (and it’s usually both) is when I go out to eat. I know it’s a bad habit, but I can’t help it – if I try to eat distraction free, I just get really bored.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
Umm…pretty much the only time I eat pasta is at dinner, so I’m going to go with that.
Mmm, lasagna. So good!
1. Choose between these two American classics: Cheesecakes and Apple Pie.
I’m cheesecake all the way. I’ve never actually been a big fan of pie crust so I tend to be picky about them.
I find it doubtful that any pie could beat this Birthday Cake Cheesecake from Willow Bird Baking. That just looks incredible.
2. Choose between these 2 foreign desserts: Tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)
Ohmygod. Tiramisu for sure. My brother did a year of culinary training in college, and he makes the best tiramisu I’ve ever had. Except he hasn’t made it for years – need him to get on that!
Although these look they could be a close second.
3. Ice cream: Cone or cup?
I usually go with a cup, but really I’m satisfied with either.
I realize this is fro-yo, but apparently I haven’t had ice cream in the two months that I’ve had the blog. Fail.
<—Your turn! What’s your fast food fallback?
<— Did you fill out the survey? Link it up!