1. The new pan I’m using for protein pancakes is a lot bigger than my old one. When I made a pancake yesterday it ended up being super thin – a protein crepe?
2. There are few things better in the world than a stocked fridge/pantry.
Thank god for groceries.
Mmm, food. I stocked up on my unsweetened chocolate almond milk, whole wheat pasta, bread, cottage cheese, salad greens, sweet potatoes, fruit…I can make normal (well, normal for me) meals again!
(And I look kind of like a marinade fiend, don’t I? Got them as a present from my dad – the BBQ chicken marinade is amazing).
3. Clearly, I’m still getting used to my new oven.
Slightly burnt sweet potato fries are still awesome sweet potato fries.
4. The only workouts I’ve been doing this week are carrying boxes/furniture up stairs (definitely counts as a workout), going for walks, a bit of yoga and a lot of stretching. I will get to those toes!
5. Without internet, Eric and I have been watching a lot of tv shows we got/borrowed from people. We’re in the middle of No Reservations and Prison Break, and we’ve started Downton Abbey.
Why didn’t anyone tell me Prison Break was so good?! I’m just getting into it now, like, 8 years after it started. I love Wentworth Miller, even though he looks like he’s always squinting.
Can someone just put him in a dim room or something?
6. I had oats for breakfast this morning. I promise there’s oats in there somewhere.
Buried under a sliced banana, strawberries, almond butter and coconut.
7. I picked this up in lieu of regular oats:
I’m definitely a fan – it adds a little bit to regular flaked oats.
9. I really hope I get internet back today (apparently, we need a technician to come out to the house to see if the problem is external or internal. It could take 48 hours. Le sigh). I miss it/regular blogging so much (hopefully, I’m almost done with these sporadic posts and I can get somewhat scheduled again). Thanks for bearing with me, you guy are awesome.
10. This opens in Brantford this weekend. I definitely moved here at the right time.
Have a lovely day!
<— What are some staples you always have in your fridge?
<— Any tv shows you’ve gotten into years after everyone else?