Super happy that I got to see these faces yesterday:
My parents came down to visit! Although they’re only an hour away, I definitely miss them. My mom works 5 minutes away from where I used to live, so I used to pop by and see her at least once a week. I miss not being that close to her anymore!
I started my morning off with a quick workout. I went outside (it was cold! Definitely feeling like fall) for a quick run. I’m thinking I’m going to be doing interval runs a lot more often – they’re super quick and effective. I’m prone to runner’s knee, so shorter distances are definitely kinder to my body.
I did a 5 minute warm up jog, followed by 30 seconds of sprints and 30 seconds of recovery for a total of 10 minutes. I ended with a 5 minute cool down.
I came back inside and did this core workout – so many crunches!
I had finally accumulated enough bananas to freeze one. Clearly, that meant a breakfast smoothie was on the menu. I was long overdue for one of these!
One frozen banana, 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, and 1 scoop peanut butter chocolate protein powder. I topped it off with a handful of Multigrain Cheerios.
I was going for an earlier-than-normal lunch with my parents later, so I kept breakfast on the lighter side.
My mom went on a golfing/shopping trip to Michigan last weekend, so of course she picked me up a few choice items for my kitchen. My mother knows her foodie daughter all too well.
- glass tupperware (I have so much tupperware now!)
- Mango and Pineapple Chobani (it had been waaay too long since I’ve had this stuff! Those will be thoroughly be enjoyed)
- Apples and Cinnamon flavoured soybeans (actually picked up in London, the Bean Ladies are a Southwestern Ontario company)
- Cinnamon Honey Pretzels (those just sound amazing)
- Red Pepper tortilla chips
- Cinnamon Chex (I had been hearing about them for for too long, I asked my mom to look for some)
- Dulche de Leche Cheerios (really?!?)
- Maple Pumpkin Butter (I have no words)
- Flatbread crackers
- unpictured baking chips: a package of white chocolate and a package of chocolate and peanut butter.
Umm, wow. Mom, you’re amazing!
Eric and I took my parents on a walking tour through Brantford – we showed them where the library was, various school buildings, the 24 hour diner, and of course, the Farmer’s Market.
I’ve only gone on Fridays, but ohmygoodness. That place is absolutely JAMMED on Saturdays!
Eric and I decided we would take my parents to the Piston Broke for lunch – neither of us had tried their food yet, but I had been in a couple times (once for drinks, once for a meeting) and the food looked delicious.
We’re a burger and sandwich family, apparently. (and yes, Eric got poutine. I expected nothing less).
I decided to go with the Mediterranean Lamb Burger – lamb patty, lettuce, tomatoes, roasted red pepper and goat cheese on a pretzel bun. It also came with mayo, but I asked for it without – not a huge fan. Fries and coleslaw on the side.
Although I like lamb, I don’t usually order it – it’s a bit of a guilt thing. But today, it sounded good, so I decided to go with it. Definitely no regrets – it was delicious! The burger itself was a tad dry (as lamb tends to be) but it still tasted amazing. And of course, goat cheese makes everything better.
Apparently, I enjoyed it.
After my parents left, Eric and I spent the afternoon just hanging out and relaxing. I’ve definitely had a busy week with school, so it was nice to spend the day focusing on other things – like the blog!
That burger still had me pretty full come dinnertime, so I kept it super light.
Baby carrots, bell pepper strips, my new flatbread crackers and some hummus on the side.
I also had some cottage cheese with both of the new cereals – I couldn’t decide which one I wanted, so I had to taste test both. 🙂
- The Chex – Jesus, those are good. Pretty much a gluten-free cinnamon toast crunch. With less sugar.
- The Cheerios – tasty, but almost too sweet (if that’s even possible). Definitely a dessert over a breakfast cereal.
I maaaay have gone back for a little bit more cereal + milk. This is why I don’t eat bowls of cereal often – I can never stop at just one bowl.
I just wanted to draw your attention to two new blog pages I’ve added recently!
- The Workout Log. Pretty self explanatory. I’ll be updating this weekly (hopefully) with the workouts I’m doing each day. It keeps me accountable, and allows you guys to see everything at once.
- The Recovery page. After recovering from an ED, I want to be able to help others who are suffering as much as possible. On this page, you’ll find a list of resources that deal with eating disorders. There’s links to my posts on the topic, other bloggers’ posts, as well as a list of books and websites that readers might find helpful.
Enjoy the last day of your weekend!
<— If you’re a meat-eater, do you like lamb?
<— What’s your favourite cereal?