Yesterday was a good day.
Nothing big happened – it was a pretty run of the mill day, actually. But, I noticed a lot of little things that made my day awesome.
1. A fancy breakfast.
An egg white omelet with green onion, red pepper, turkey, goat brie and dill. A slice of toast with almond butter and maple pumpkin butter on the side. I can’t remember the last time I made an omelet for breakfast – it needs to be done more often.
2. I went to the gym in the morning and it was 100% empty. I had it all to myself – kind of a dream situation for me. I look at exercise as my personal time, so not having to engage in idle chatter or wait for machines was amazing. I also upped my weights on my deadlifts – yay improvements in strength!
3. The entire flat of eggs I picked up at the farmers market.
Eric and I eat eggs daily. So having that many in my fridge makes me extremely happy.
4. This squash.
It’s called a Sweet Mama – how could you not want it?
5. Fancy chocolate.
Fair trade dark chocolate with coconut? DEFINITELY makes me happy.
6. An afternoon of baking.
Baking is quite possibly one of my favourite pasttimes. It’s relaxing and you get something delicious at the end of it – cannot go wrong. It’s Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and I was given the task of making dessert for my family get-together Sunday. Anybody in the family reading this – look forward to Sunday. It’ll be good.
7. The best part of baking.
8. A long, cuddle-y nap with Eric late in the afternoon. Yes, we are nauseatingly cute sometimes.
9. Making stuffed chicken for the first time in ages.
Chicken stuffed with honey baked ham and goat brie (the amount of goat brie I’ve eaten today makes me happy in itself), topped with Italian seasoning. Cauliflower and a dinner roll on the side.
10. Getting (almost) caught up on the new season of Glee. I was worried that with a lot of the cast leaving, the show would get lame (reminiscence of Degrassi: The Next Generation, if anyone watched that show. As soon as characters started to graduate, it became pretty unwatchable) but so far they’ve been able to keep it together. The music’s been good and I’ve been loving Kate Hudson’s character!
All, in all – happy day.
<—What’s something that’s made you smile lately?
<—What’s your ideal gym situation? Completely empty, a few people milling about, half-full?