Eric and I have been in our apartment for approximately 6 weeks. So, what have I learned about independent living in that time period?
1. You don’t miss cable nearly as much as you thought you would. But, you miss having a dishwasher more than you ever thought possible.
Especially if baking is involved.
2. Do not buy plastic wrap at the dollar store. The extra dollar or so at the grocery store is worth the frustration and slight agony you pay otherwise.
3. Bathrooms get dirtier so much faster than you would ever expect.
Good thing it’s pretty.
4. Choosing holiday decorations is fun. Like, makes me incredibly giddy sort of fun.
Just wait until Christmas. I’m going to go slightly nuts.
5. Dinner is whatever the hell you want it to be. Even breakfast.
Scrambled eggs, a piece of (a little too crispy…oops) bacon, and toast, one piece with butter and one piece with no sugar added blackberry jam. Delicious.
Although it’s been a little bumpy in some places, I think we’ve done well so far. Definitely in love with our little place and our little co-habitating situation.
<— What have you learned lately?
<— What’s your favourite breakfast for dinner? I’m thinking I should bust out the waffle maker soon. Waffles for dinner are always a good way to go.