How was everyone’s Halloween?
I didn’t get one trick or treater. Not ONE. So…now I have a lot of Reese’s peanut butter cups. I’ll give away some (at school) but don’t you worry, I’ll definitely be keeping some.
So on my Halloween, while waiting to see if any kiddos would show up, I made an awesome dinner. Homemade cornflake-crusted chicken fingers, sweet potato, and broccoli.
With plum sauce – chicken fingers always require plum sauce.
And I watched what is my absolutely favourite Halloween/holiday movie:
Jack Skellington, how I love you!
P.S. I never got around to carving my pumpkin.
So I gave Eric a sharpie and told him to go to town. He went for creepy, wrinkly old man…accomplished?
So I guess it’s November now, huh? When did that happen? Craziness.
Looking back at October…
Recipe of the Month Club
- Pork and Bean Chili – A cold weather must.
- Healthified Mexican Poutine – healthy twist on a Canadian classic.
- Bad-Weather Seafood Lasagna – if you try any of my recipes, make it this one. No words for how good this is.
Working on my Fitness
- Fitness Plans + Puppies – one week down, eleven to go.
- Fitness Plans + Old Stomping Grounds – Week 2 on Slim and Sculpt in my old gym.
- Phase 1 Complete + Yoga Fail – one fitness win, 1 fitness fail.
Moments of the Month
- Canadian Turkey – Hello, Thanksgiving.
- Fast Food and Weekend Rambles – I ate Wendy’s. And it was delicious.
- Ringing in 23 – Definitely a birthday celebration to remember.
Random Stuff I Blog About
- What Makes me Happy – All about the little things.
- Awesome Things: Recovery Edition – why being healthy is so much better.
- Guilt Free – What you eat does not need a label.
And that’s it!
October is my favourite month, so I’m a little sad it’s over. But now I have Christmas to look forward too!
<— Best thing that happened in October?
<— What’s your favourite month?