Yes, I absolutely went there.
But before I get to that…
I had a long day yesterday! I had a meeting in the morning, then that long presentation during my afternoon class. I don’t think it went too bad, but yea…I don’t do presentations well. I get nervous, lose my place, trip over my words…definitely one of those life skills I need to work on.
Fortunately, when I got home dinner was already made for me thanks to this lovely thing:
The slow cooker I got for my birthday! I finally broke it out.
When I was making my meal plan for the week, I noticed that pork side ribs were on sale at the grocery store. Ribs are Eric’s favourite (next to poutine, of course) so I was going for major girlfriend points.
In the morning, I rubbed the ribs with salt, pepper, roasted garlic, chile powder and cumin.
I tossed it in the slow cooker with a sliced onion and set it to low. I let it cook at home while I went about my day.
After about 7 1/2 hours, I dipped the ribs in BBQ sauce, and threw them back in for another hour.
I’m not a huge rib fan (I could take them or leave them, really) but these were so good. Flavourful and absolutely fall-off-the-bone.
Served with a simple green salad on the side. Dinner was on the small side because I was saving room:
Seemed like a froyo night to me (and yes, I add so many toppings you can’t see the actual yogurt underneath). Yogurty’s had had Pumpkin Spice flavour available for a while, so I wanted to grab it while it was still there.
So this had:
- a mix of Pumpkin Spice and Banana Split froyo
- Reese’s Pieces
- cheesecake bites
- “fun bits” (kinda like nerds, or just really big sprinkles)
- sprinkles (no surprise there)
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- yogurt-covered raisins
- a few maraschino cherries
- and Ghirardelli chocolate syrup (quite possibly this chocolate-lover’s favourite part. So good)
It made me happy. Although, I was slightly depressed that they didn’t have iced animal crackers anymore – those things were amazing.
And then I came home and filmed this little gem!
Sloane and Alex recently did accent VLOGS – I remember seeing them floating around the blogosphere a year or two ago, and I remember thinking they were so interesting. So when they made a reappearance, of course I had to participate.
Here’s the list of words/questions:
Here is a list of words you should pronounce:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
And the list of questions you should answer:
1. What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
2. What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
3. What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
4. What do you call gym shoes?
5. What do you say to address a group of people?
6. What do you call the kind of spider (or spider-like creature) that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
7. What do you call your grandparents?
8. What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
9. What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
10. What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
*Note: Make sure to include where you are from home as well.
If you guys do one of these, link me up! I love being able to put a voice to a picture.
<—So how about it…Where should I go in Chicago? More importantly, what should I buy from Trader Joe’s?
<—Do I have a Canadian accent?