(Taking a moment of silence today for Remembrance Day!)
I’ve eaten a lot of cookies/cookie dough today. And every bite has been delicious.
I’ve had the baking itch for the last couple of days, and what’s better than baking up a batch of cookies? Usually, I try to health-ify recipes a bit, but I was craving old fashioned buttery, sugary, delicious cookies. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
(makes 4-5 dozen. Adapted from this recipe)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter (I use Skippy Natural)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package peanut butter and milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter in a large bowl until smooth. Beat eggs one at a time.
2. Mix flours, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to butter mixture in increments, beating until combined. Add vanilla extract and combine.
3. Add chocolate chips and oats. Mix until combined.
4. Line baking pans with baking parchment. Drop cookies by rounded spoonful unto pans, approximately 3 inches apart.
5. Bake for 8 – 12 minutes, or until done.
Delicious, classic peanut butter and chocolate chip. Cannot go wrong with this combo – and I love the mix of peanut butter and chocolate chips! Extra peanut butter is not a bad thing at all.
Definitely make these! The only issue: I have a lot of cookies right now.
So…wanna come over and eat some cookies?
Despite the cookie dough (and two cookies right out of the oven) consumed, I still managed to get some sort of appetite for dinner.
When I was a kid, I didn’t like tomato sauce – AKA, did not like pizza. The only exception? Hawaiian.
So after making baked ham and pineapple for dinner Thursday night, I knew the leftovers needed to go towards a Hawaiian pizza. Ham, pineapple and mozzarella with pizza sauce on a whole wheat crust – cannot go wrong!
Because I’m not going to be around next week, groceries this week involved a lot of frozen stuff for the boy. He asked me for snacks, so when I saw this I couldn’t resist.
I might have to steal one of these. I am obsessed with all things chocolate chip cookie dough!
My parents are coming up today and taking us out for lunch. Should be a great day!
<— What’s your favourite kind of cookie?
<— When was the last time you had a poptart? It’s gotta be at least like 6 years for me.