My brain is too (school-related) fried to put together a coherent post right now. So, this means you get some random thoughts from my day.
1. I’ve never been one to enjoy the colour pink. I was pretty tomboy-ish when I was a kid, and then I went threw my rebellious/goth phase in high school, so it’s just never been high on the list when I go shopping for anything.
But, my mother-in-law gave me a Shellac nail kit for my birthday, so I finally broke it out last weekend and painted by nails what I thought was going to be red.
They’re bright pink (picture not doing them justice as to how bright they are!).
And I think I like it.
Deep down, apparently I’m a pink fan. Good to know.
2. They were playing some absolutely awesome music at my gym today. As in, stuff I hadn’t heard in years and had to restrain myself from singing out loud. I heard Disturbed, Trapt, Papa Roach (basically summing up high school right there) and this little gem:
Anyone remember this song? I would have been 11 when it came out, but I loved it! I remember thinking that the cheerleaders were unsettling.
3. This may be the best chocolate bar I’ve ever had in my life.
And I’ve eaten a lot of chocolate in my day, so that’s saying something. Dark chocolate, caramel and sea salt might just be the ideal combination for my sweet/salty tooth.
4. Today, I wore a sweater and my fall bomber jacket. It was 2 (35) degrees out. Yes, I am absolutely in winter denial.
5. I’m doing my Christmas decorating on Saturday, a.k.a. December 1st. That is also when I’ll break out the advent calendar (of course) and the Christmas music. WalMart may want to start celebrating Christmas the day after Halloween, but my rule is always December 1st.
(I adore Christmas, I just don’t think it needs to be celebrated for THAT long!)
6. I took the leftovers from Tuesday’s slow cooked chicken and made a teriyaki chicken stirfry with veggies and brown rice. My favourite part is the water chestnuts – weirdest/best texture ever.
7. Whenever I make something even remotely resembling Asian food in my household, I absolutely must eat it with chopsticks.
Because chopsticks = authentic. Of course.
8. Speaking of chopsticks…
Because I have a blog, I can tell that the last time I ate sushi was October 13th. That shit is not acceptable.
Odessa roll, I miss you so much. BBQ eel and avocado, topped with salmon and more avocado. Definitely need one of these in my life soon.
9. Having a small program (6 people in my year) has some good advantages. Two different professors are treating us to lunch next week; one day Indian, another day pizza. Anytime someone buys me food = awesome.
10. If I’m having a bad day/get stressed out, I browse the humour category on Pinterest.
Seriously, always makes me giggle. (and that’s happened to you before, right?)
Have a happy Thursday!
<— Do you have a set date for Christmas decorating?
<— What are your strategies for cheering up when you’re stressed or in a bad mood?