I had fun with this last week, sooo…I’m doing it again. Enjoy!
Five Awesome Things I’ve Eaten Lately:
1. Dinner Wednesday night: homemade beef burger with spinach, pickles, honey mustard and ketchup. Parsnip fries on the side.
2. Banana and egg white oats in a jar. The only positive thing to running out of Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter.
3. Clementines. Is anyone else getting addicted to these things?
4.The baked coconut shrimp I made for dinner last night. I followed this recipe: while good, I’m probably use unsweetened coconut next time – the sweetened was a bit of an overkill.
5. Ginger Root Beer Zevia. Favourite flavour!
My Top Five Restaurants Right Now:
1. Bella Jacks – In St. Thomas, Ontario. A little hole-in-the-wall, but quite possibly the best Mexican food ever. I don’t get the chance to go too often, but it’s been my favourite for years.
3. Wondersushi – Wonderland road, London. It’s where Eric and I had our first date, so of course it gets a mention.
4. Sushi Eight – Brantford, Ontario. Considering that I’ve been going at least once a month, clearly it’s become the favourite in my current city.
5. Ben Thanh, London. Their Seafood Pad Thai is incredible.
Five Things I’ve Been Doing Since I Finished the Semester
1. Catching up on all my favourite TV shows. I’m now officially up to date on How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Top Chef, and Glee. Priorities, people. I’ve also got the first season of American Horror Story ready to go – I’ve heard good things so I want to try it out!
2. Reading. The first day of vacation, I went to the library and loaded up:
I’ve already finished Gone Girl (yay December goal!) and I loved it. While I love what I’m taking in school, it’s nice to be able to have time to read fiction again.
3. Deciding on what recipes I’m baking this weekend. I have a few weekends of cookie baking to make up for! I kind of live for Christmas cookies.
4. Getting all my Christmas wrapping done. And telling Instagram about it (follow me @betterwithsprinklesblog).
5. Coming down with a cold. Eric’s had one the last week or so, so of course, I’ve managed to catch it. Right when vacation starts. Le sigh.
Five Blogs I’m Particularly Adoring Right Now.
1. Amanda @ Running With Spoons – quite frankly, who doesn’t adore this girl? I’m pretty sure she’s actually a mind-reader, her posts are so relatable.
2. Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin – Clearly, she gets points for living in London and going to the school I graduated from . I had been considering starting a blog for a long time when I stumbled across Chelsea’s. At the time, I had been reading a lot of the “big” blogs which all seemed so far away and untouchable to me. Finding Chelsea was a little bit of a “hey, maybe I can do this too!” So really, she was my blog inspiration
3. Devon @ Health in Equilibrium – Brand new blogger, but already a fantastic one! Her mindset and her determination with her recovery is so admirable, and I know she’s going to kick the ED straight out her life. And I’m going to go up to Guelph sometime soon and she’s going to take me to the burrito place I’ve heard so much about
I may have to make these a weekly thing…there’s so many more blogs I want to talk about! But, then it would have to be fifty things Friday, and then we’d be here all day.
Christmas Challenge time!
I messed it up yesterday, so today I’m answering question number 20.
In my family, we usually do the traditional sort of meal for Christmas – turkey, potatoes, stuffing, veggies (sounds kinda Thanksgiving-y, doesn’t it?) but of course, I always look forward to the desserts. I usually make the dessert for my immediate family gathering, plus one for the extended family on Boxing Day. I never make the same thing twice!
<— Current favourite restaurant?
<— What are some blogs you’ve been loving lately?