Happy Monday! For all my fellow students going back to school today, I hope it’s getting off to a great start!
Week of Workouts
So I had planned to ease back into workouts last week, buuut…it didn’t really happen. I went for a couple of walks and did a bit of stretching, and otherwise enjoyed another couch week. This last week was the true definition of “staycation” for the boyfriend and I, so I made sure to enjoy it.
When it came to stretching, I wanted to focus on my hips. I am the least flexible person on the planet, but it’s particularly bad there. I followed this routine from Paige, which seemed to help a lot – I felt nice and stretched out afterwards.
But, I am ready to head back to the gym and get some intensity going again. I’m starting This Fit Chick’s Slim and Sculpt Elite program with an upper body workout this morning. I haven’t been to my gym in almost 3 weeks, I’m starting to miss it!
The boyfriend and I are big salmon eaters, but I rarely cook other fish at home. So when I saw fresh tilapia on sale at Zehr’s last weekend, I decided to mix it up.
If you’re going to drink wine with a fish dinner, it makes sense to go for white, right? So I decided to incorporate that into the dish itself.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-4 tilapia filets
- 1 cup white wine (a good one – something you would actually drink)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (if you don’t have that, use 1/4 teaspoon basil and 1/4 teaspoon oregano)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On the stovetop, add olive oil to a cast-iron skillet and bring to medium-low heat. Add lemon juice and white wine.
2. Season tilapia with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and add to skillet. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until fish is white around the edges.
- 3. Carefully flip fish and place skillet in the oven. Cook for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
And that’s it!
Super simple. I love the flavour wine brings to fish – simple and light.
A side salad and brown rice to round out dinner.
Yesterday, I spent a good chunk of time getting ready to go back to classes. Beginning the assigned chapters and getting my stuff organized. After dinner, I mentally prepped myself the best way I know how:
Froyo prepares you for anything, right? And yes – there is froyo under the mountain of candy. I got a mix of peppermint snowflake and ginger spice cookie froyo, with mini turtles, peanut butter chips, Reese’s Pieces, iced animal crackers, sprinkles, and dark chocolate sauce. I have a ridiculous amount of froyo gift cards (courtesy of the boyfriend…yay Christmas presents!) so this is just the beginning :-p Easily a great way to wrap up Winter Break!
Have a great Monday!
<— Are you flexible? Any muscle that’s particularly tight for you? My hamstrings are pretty awful as well.
<— Are iced animal crackers actually a thing? Because I’m a tad obsessed with them.