So…I know a lot of people have an obsession with Sriracha. Or with Tabasco. Or they can’t handle the heat and eschew hot sauces all together. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some rooster sauce. But this is where my heart lies:
Yup – I am all about the Buffalo sauce. Seriously buffalo wings or a buffalo chicken sandwich? You can’t go wrong.
I realized I hadn’t had anything buffalo-flavoured in a while, so I threw this in the cart on an impulse last week. I had been thinking about making up some burgers for dinner, and when I opened the fridge to get the meat, my eye was immediately drawn to this bottle.
Yup – tastes like a wing, eats like a burger. Cannot go wrong with that. This makes 4-6 servings, depending on how big you want the burgers to be.
Buffalo Wing Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground pork (can substitute for beef, chicken…I haven’t tried ground round, but it’d be worth a shot)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce (the boyfriend is not a spicy fan, so I kept the heat mild with this recipe. If you prefer a little more heat, add another tablespoon + another tablespoon bread crumbs)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. This is the fun part: roll up your sleeves and get your hands right in there.
2. Form meat mixture into 4-6 evenly sized patties. On a large skillet (or grill pan) cook over medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes per side, or until done.
3. Add whatever toppings you like. I ate mine bunless with a slice of tomato, avocado slices, and more buffalo sauce.
I really wish I had some blue cheese dressing – that would have been absolutely perfect for this recipe. Ranch would be nice too!
Served with a side salad and a baked sweet potato with cinnamon. It made for a great dinner.
<— Do you like hot sauces and spicy food? My brother and I are both addicts. Whenever my dad makes homemade chicken wings, I’m in charge of making the spicy sauce – because I make sure it’s HOT.
<— What’s your favourite kind of burger – beef, turkey, veggie, other? I tried an elk burger at Works Burger a while back, and it was actually pretty good!