So it’s pretty safe to say I’m addicted to the time-suck that is Pinterest.
29 boards and almost 2000 pins? Yea, I might have a bit of a problem.
So, this week’s Five Thing Friday is inspired by Pinterest. I’ll link back to the original sources, but they’re all things that have made their way onto my (many) pages.
Five Things I’ve Actually Made:
because really, everyone’s Pinterest pages are full of stuff they will never actually do.
2. Tina’s Tortellini Sausage Soup. I’ve made this one a couple of times and I love it.
3. Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Roast. The first slow cooker pulled pork recipe I tried. It’s a good one!
4. 52 Reasons why I Love You cardbook. My Valentine’s Day present to the boy last year. And I am not a crafty person at all, so I was impressed with myself.
5. Jessica’s Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus. Needless to say, I’ve yet to find another recipe that gets Eric this enthusiastic to eat his vegetables.
The Next Five Recipes on the Must-Make List:
1. Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken (Pip and Ebby) . The slow cooker obsession continues!
2. Peppermint Pattie Cookies. I’m obsessed with chocolate and peppermint right now.
3. Chelsea’s Gingerbread Date Balls. Gingerbread and white chocolate…it does not get much better than that.
4. Drunk gummi bears. Next birthday/girls night, I am making these.
5. Skillet Gnocchi with Spinach and White Beans (The Picky Eater). Looove gnocchi, but I’ve never made it at home.
5 Things Good for A Laugh:
(source) Yes…just yes.
(source) When I worked in daycare, I faced this dilemma often.
(source) Surprisingly effective.
(source) Every time.
(source) I almost died the first time I saw this.
5 Over-the-Top Dessert Recipes I Must Try:
you know what I mean here…the dessert stuffed with another dessert thing.
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Devil’s Food Cheesecake (Hugs and Cookies XOXO) aka: everything that is delicious.
2. Butterfinger and Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars (Sprinkle Bakes). Again, so much deliciousness at once.
3. Super Slutty Brownies (Poet in the Pantry) – someone needs to have a birthday or a bachelorette so I have an excuse to make these.
4. Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes (Lick the Bowl Good0 – one of my favourite things about Christmas on top of a cupcake. Yes please.
5. Chocolate Wasted Cake (Art of Dessert).
That is a two layered chocolate cake drizzled in kuhlua with chocolate buttercream, coated in chocolate chips, topped with chocolate bars and drizzled with melted chocolate.
Have I ever mentioned that I’m a chocoholic? Because that cake looks amazing to me. Insane, but amazing.
And now that I’ve made myself hungry…have a good Friday!
<— Are you addicted to Pinterest?
<— What recipes are on your must-make list?