I apologize for the lack of post yesterday…but really, it would have been me telling you how much homework I’ve been doing this weekend, and how I was eating ice cream out of the container and watching season 2 of Downton Abbey Friday night. Not exactly the most thrilling post ever, is it?
Plus, I’m trying to take the pressure off of myself to blog daily. I love you guys and I love what I do, but considering that I’m paying money to be in school, it should probably be my first priority, don’t you think?
I’d tell you that wasn’t that case but…it kind of is.
But, I am back today to fill you on my groceries/meal plan of the week! I’ve noticed that my shopping seems to go in cycles: a week where I don’t pick up too much, followed by a week where I’m seemingly out of everything and go over-budget. But, it all seems to work out in the end.
See? I didn’t really need a lot of produce this week.
- canned pumpkin
- red bell pepper
- chicken burgers (I was going to pick up veggie burgers, but chicken was sounding really appealing to me) (and note to self: make homemade veggie burgers!)
- 2% plain Greek yogurt
- stewing beef
- light spinach cream cheese
- pork tenderloin
- deli ham
- chicken thighs
And some that escaped the picture the first time:
- egg whites
- old cheddar (can I just say how in love with this company I am? Jensen cheese – about 20 minutes away from me, and everything they produce is fabulous. I sampled a goat cheddar at the market that is definitely going to have to be picked up soon)
- sprouted grain bread
- Zevia (I do not turn down a sale on Zevia!)
- tomato sauce
- vanilla almond milk
- apple juice concentrate (for a recipe)
- canned tomatoes
- sausage buns
I’m excited to try the sprouted grain bread! I used to buy Ezekial products once in a while, but it became too pricy. It’s nice to see that Country Harvest is jumping on that bandwagon.
And I’ve decided that canned tomatoes might just be my favourite pantry staple ever. I go through a can or two a week – easily one of the most versatile things in my cupboard.
And the meal plan for the week:
- Saturday: out
- Sunday: Annie’s Mac & Cheese with hot dogs (yesss childhood throwback!)
- Monday: chicken, sweet potato fries and salad
- Tuesday: Beef stew
- Wednesday: Salmon with dill sauce, rice, and veggies
- Thursday: a modified version of Jessica’s Homemade Chicken Cheesesteaks
- Friday: Pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes and veggies
Today is going to consist of more homework (joy) and a quick run over to the gym. Enjoy the end of the weekend!
<— Bloggers: Do you put pressure on yourself to stick to a blogging schedule?
<— Any meals planned for the week?