Good morning and happy Friday! And, for that matter, happy February! Did January absolutely fly by for you? I feel like it was Christmas a week ago. But I’m not complaining…frankly, the faster we get through winter, the better. I’m always ready for Spring weather.
But…it’s Five Thing Friday!
5 Awesome Meals I’ve Had in the Last Week:
1. Breakfast on Monday (I think it was Monday…might have been Tuesday).
2 rice cakes with spinach cream cheese, deli ham, and eggs. I’m usually a sweet breakfast person, but this was awesome.
2. Pumpkin protein pancake topped with hazelnut butter and honey.
3. Two of the protein bars I made over the weekend, topped with peanut butter.
Brought to class for a snack…and no, they did not stay that pretty with the tupperware being tossed around in my bag.
4. Omelette breakfast yesterday. 2 eggs + 1/4 cup egg whites, red onion, red bell pepper, ham and spinach, topped with salsa and guacamole.
It almost made me late for class. And I don’t even care. It was awesome.
5. Last night’s dinner.
I made Jessica’s homemade chicken cheesesteaks…OHMYGODMAKETHESE. It was actually slightly ridiculous how amazing it was. I have yet to be disappointed by any of Jessica’s recipes that I make – girl’s a genius.
5 Weird/Awesome Things That Happened This Week:
1. When I posted about my TJ’s Cookie Butter on Monday, I got an unexpected response:
Being tweeted by cookie butter totally counts as being tweeted by a celebrity, right?
2. I ‘ve caught two mice this week. As in I caught them.
I found one rustling around in my tupperware cupboard, of all places. And after removing it, proceeded to scrub the hell out of my cupboard. The first mouse? I trapped him under a toilet plunger. Don’t ask.
3. The weather we’ve been having. Last week, with wind chill we were in the –20s. Wednesday, it was +14, I wore a skirt and heels in a bout of ‘just-because-I-can’. Yesterday, back in the negatives with a crazy wind. I just don’t understand. And I feel the need to complain to everyone about it.
4. I was at the gym yesterday with my gym buddy, Justin, doing my heavy leg workout. After I finished deadlifts, he convinced me that we should work on my 1-rep max. I didn’t know what to expect, but I got up to 195…and I feel like I could have hit 200 if I kept going. The response I got? “Not a lot of girls could do that.” Proud gym moment!
5. I’m not a huge cereal person – I like it, but it’s not something I eat everyday or crave often. But, I’ve been eating it pretty much everyday this week – either as a snack or grabbing a handful when I’m munchy. Totally blaming it on this girl
5 Things I’m Looking Forward to in February:
1. Going to Taal’s for an Indian buffet lunch next Tuesday for my grad student social. Yay Indian food!
2. Hope’s Garden’s Eating Disorder Awareness Week Breakfast. I owe a lot to the organization and I’m happy to support them in any way that I can. So Wednesday night, I’m heading down to my parents, going to the breakfast with my mom in the morning, and then heading right back to Brantford afterwards. It is definitely worth the trip! (P.S. Canadians – It’s Eating Disorders Awareness Week next week!!)
3. Valentine’s Day. Yes, I’m that person who gets excited about Valentine’s Day.
4. All-You-Can-Eat Sushi date. Which I’m pretty sure will be our Valentine’s Day date.
5. Reading week – only a month into the semester and I’m already desperately waiting for it.
Almost the weekend!
<— What’s been a weird or awesome thing that happened to you this last week?
<— What are you looking forward to in February?