Happy Friday! Hopefully you’re not buried in snow, wherever you are. I’m typing this up Thursday night so I don’t know what it’s like Friday morning, but they’re predicting one hell of a snowstorm for the area. Hope you’re staying warm!
(edited to add: yup, it’s a snow day! University is closed).
5 Awesome Things About a Quick Trip Home:
1. Seeing my family. That’s kind of a given!
2. Taking over the washing machine for a night.
That is what 3 1/2 weeks worth of laundry for two people looks like.
3. Having the bestie stop by for a little while so I can see her gorgeous face.
My birthday weekend last October.
4. Seeing this adorable little furball.
Such an adorable face.
And yes, that is my dad’s Steeler’s PJ pants in the background.
5. This one too.
Except for the fact that her meowing woke me up about 3 times Wednesday night…not cool.
5 Workout Classes that I would love to try:
1. Spin. I’ve never actually tried a class. I think I’m going to need padded shorts before I give that one a shot.
2. Pole Dancing. It’s legit exercise, people!
3. Capoeaira. It just looks like fun.
Because I could absolutely do this.
4. Power Yoga. I’ve done it via podcasts and videos at home, but I’ve never done an actual power yoga class (I’ve done intro yoga and hot yoga, though).
5. BodyPump. Especially if Annette teaches.
5 Pet Peeves of Mine:
1. Incorrect use of grammar or language. Seriously, you do not want to be one of my students who mixes up they’re/their/there or you’re/your when I’m marking papers. Drives me insane.
2. People who don’t put away their equipment at the gym. Really? I’m sorry, is twenty seconds to put shit away too much to ask?
3. Slow walkers. In the middle of the sidewalk. Sigh.
4. Drivers who don’t use a turn signal. I don’t get too ragey when I drive, but that just annoys me to no end.
5. Rude waiters. It doesn’t matter how awesome the food is, if the waiter/waitress is rude or annoys me, I ‘m not going to like the restaurant. Customer service, people!
Although, this movie has taught me never to rude to waiters…
5 Books on My To-Read List:
1. The Name of the Wind. Because Amanda compared it to the Song of Ice and Fire series, which is one of the best series I’ve ever read. I trust her judgment
2. Terra by Gretchen Powell. Gotta support the fellow bloggers – plus I’ve been hearing good things!
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Yes, I haven’t read this series yet. I’m disappointed with myself.
4. Inferno by Dan Brown. Looove Dan Brown books. The movies, however…not so much.
5. How To Tell if the Cat is Plotting to Kill You by the Oatmeal. Because you know that book has to be hilarious. And I’m sure, will verify why I consider myself to be a dog person.
Talk to you later!
<— What’s a workout class you’d like to try? Please tell me I’m not the only person who would take a pole dancing class.
<— Next on your reading list?
<— One of your pet peeves?