Just wanted to pop in on a Sunday morning and show you guys my shopping and my meal plan for the week! I’ve been trying to take this weekend to relax and unplug a bit, but I will be back tomorrow morning with recaps. I hope this weekend (hopefully a long one for you!) is treating you well!
- turkey sausage
- flat of eggs (every two weeks. Like clockwork).
- garden vegetable cream cheese
- sour cream
- 2% Greek yogurt (which was supposed to be plain. Apparently, I grabbed vanilla – good thing that’s usually my second choice)
Fruits and Veggies
- guacamole (usually I make my own, but sometimes laziness wins out)
- broccoli (a lot of it…yay 2/$4 sale!)
- baby carrots
- sliced mushrooms
- baby onions (I was looking for pearl onions but they didn’t have any. Hopefully these will work just as well?)
- buttercup squash (never heard of it before, but the label said that it’s one of the sweeter varieties. Looking forward to testing it out)
- tomato paste
- whole wheat pastry flour
- sprouted grain bread (seriously enjoying this stuff)
- rice cakes
- English muffins
- egg noodles
- soba noodles
Into the Freezer
- frozen waffles (I used to live off of the things in high school, but I haven’t bought them in years. Katie and Amanda have got me craving them again, so I picked up a box)
- frozen meals (the boyfriend will have one of these for his lunch if there’s no leftovers in the fridge)
- red wine (for cooking…I’m usually a white wine drinker. I really have no idea how to buy wine specifically for cooking – I ‘ve heard that as long as it’s something you would drink, it’s ok? I like XOXO and it’s cheap, so I figured it would work)
- ziplock bags
- aluminum foil
I kind of live for no-tax weekends at Zehr’s. Just saying.
Meal Plan 2/16-2/22
- Saturday: out for dinner
- Sunday: turkey sausage on a bun with side salad
- Monday: out for dinner
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Coq Au Vin – excited to try this!
- Wednesday: shrimp tacos
- Thursday: slow cooker chicken with roasted squash and broccoli
- Friday: chicken stirfry
Talk to you later!
<— What are you planning on cooking up this week?
<— Frozen waffles: yay or nay? While I prefer waffles out of my waffle iron…these are so much simpler.