It’s a short week for most, so I figured I’d start it off with some random thoughts that have been swirling around in my head lately. AKA: I have no ideas for anything coherent today, so you get rambles
1. At the end of the night when I’m relaxing in the couch (catching up on TV, reading, blogging, or what-have-you) I absolutely have to take off my socks. In my head, I equate bare feet with relaxation/winding down. In fact, I kind of hate wearing socks – I live for flats and sandals.
and yes…my feet are usually a tad swollen by the end of the day. Sexy.
2. I’ve been locked in a battle with myself for the last year or so over my tongue ring. The best friend and I got them pierced when we were 16, so I’ve had it for…7 years now. I feel like I’m outgrowing it, but at the same time – I’m still so attached. Plus taking it out is the weirdest feeling ever, especially when I try to eat or drink something. Just odd.
3. My greatest blessing in my academic career has been the fact that I am a speed reader. I’m on my 3rd book in about 4 days for my thesis lit review.
4. One day at the gym last week, the Mortal Kombat theme song came on the loudspeakers. And it absolutely made my day. #nerdalert
5. Whenever I eat pancakes, french toast or waffles with maple syrup, I have to put it in a little cup on the side and dip it. Same thing goes for grilled cheese, fries, or anything else I use ketchup with – it must be dipped. Call it my odd little food ritual.
6. I am so ready for it to be Spring. I was at the mall last weekend jean shopping (I broke the zipper on my favourite pair…fail) and I found myself trying on dresses and Spring stuff. I seriously kind of hate wearing pants – I want my dress and skirt weather back!
7. I’ve determined that coconut butter does not exist in Brantford. Paige and Lisa both have me curious to try it (plus really, it just sounds delicious) but nope – nowhere around here. I’m pretty sure I’ve checked every grocery and health food store possible.
8. After spending time in therapy, I’m way more in tune with my emotions than I have ever been before. The problem with this? My eyes have turned into faucets – any time I feel any sort of intense emotion (frustration, anger, happiness, stress) I can immediately feel the waterworks coming. I’m happy that I’m in touch with my feelings, but jesus, it’s annoying sometimes. I’m actually a little scared to think about what I’m going to be like when I get to the baby-making stage of my life and have to deal with pregnancy hormones…I have a feeling it won’t be pretty.
While true…this doesn’t actually make me cry (at least I hope it never does).
And that’s all I got for now…hope you have a lovely day!
<— Do you have any food rituals?
<— Have you tried coconut butter? Did you have trouble finding it?
<— Anyone else a big crier?