Happy Friday! This is the last official day of my week off of school…sigh. But nonetheless, there is definitely some great things lately!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Recently:
1. Crockpot Coq Au Vin on whole wheat egg noodles:
Not going to lie…this was not great. It was edible, but the sauce didn’t thicken up enough and a slow cooker does weird, weird things to bacon. Time in the fridge did improve it a bit though – the leftovers are more tolerable. I think I’m going to try a traditional recipe in the future though; it had possibilities!
2. Still doing my All-Bran for breakfast a few days a week: this was 1/2 cup All Bran with a bit of Nature’s Path Coconut Chia Granola, grapes and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. 2 eggs + egg whites on the side. And that is a candle shaped like a cinnamon bun that I got for Christmas – it’s so cute that I don’t want to burn it!
3. Shrimp tacos. Seriously one of the best dinners I’ve put together in a while – I cut jumbo shrimp in half and marinated them in lime juice, salt, pepper, cilantro, and chili powder, and then sauteed them in coconut oil. Tossed into tortillas with lettuce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream – so.good.
4. A Quest Peanut Butter Cup chopped up in vanilla Greek yogurt. I’ll be reviewing Quest products in a few weeks, but I will tell you know that the cups are greatly improved when thrown in yogurt over eating them by themselves.
5. A Waffle-wich. I inspired Sara to buy waffles, she inspired me to make a sandwich with them . An egg, a bit of cheddar, a slice of shaved ham, and strawberry jam sandwiched between waffles. Awesome breakfast.
5 Teenage Music Flashbacks: (Alex, you totally inspired this one)
5 Posts that I Adored This Week:
1. After the Ivy League – I’m Not Skinny (And I Don’t Want to Be). Seriously, the best attitude regarding health and body image.
2. Lisa Lately – Be the Best Version of You. Trying to be someone else is unnecessary – just do you!
3. Peace Love and Oats – You’re Good Enough NOW. Don’t hold off on pursuing your dreams and goals; go after them now!
4. Picky Runner – What is Perfection? I’m sure a lot of relate to the type-A personality syndrome, but we don’t have to spend all our energy trying to reach some obscure level of perfection. Relax a little and take it easy on yourself!
5. Nourish and Flourish – Trustworthy Sources (and Fried Egg Wafflewiches). We sometimes put too much faith in outside sources (bloggers, the media, health professionals) to tell us the best ways to fuel our body. Really, it should be OUR bodies dictating how we approach food.
5 Things that I’m Loving this Week:
1. Guacamole. Whether I make it, order it, or buy it from the grocery store, it never fails to make me happy. So good.
2. The fact that I’ve been wearing yoga pants and tshirts all week. Comfy house clothes for the win!
3. This granola. I finally got around to opening it this week, and it will not be lasting long. Dark chocolate and red berries – yum.
4. The fact that it is March in exactly one week. Although February is the shortest month, it’s always the most depressing. Bring on Spring!
5. Waffles. I’ve been missing out the last few years.
and now I want to go out for breakfast and order the biggest Belgian waffle I can find…
Hope you have a wonderful day!
<— What’s a teenage flashback song for you?
<— What are you loving right now?