Just popping in to show off my purchases and meal plan for the week. I’ll see you tomorrow with a weekend recap!
- frozen pot roast (woot convenience food! Eric loves it and it was on sale this week, so I picked it up)
- deli ham
- egg whites
- ground turkey
- mozzarella (I had planned on Monterey Jack, but they only had it in shredded. For whatever reason, I don’t like buying preshredded cheese – I feel like in stores they add stuff to it to make it last longer in the fridge, or if you buy if fresh it turns more quickly. So mozzarella had to do).
- blueberries (they always disappoint me in the winter, but I buy them anyways. Why can’t it be berry season yet?!)
- red bell pepper
- no salt added diced tomatoes
- green onions
- artichoke and spinach hummus – I was having a huge hummus craving this week, so I picked up a tub. It’s good, but I think my favourite would have to be either Summer Fresh Sweet Potato Hummus or Sabra Supremely Spicy.
Breads and Shelf-Stable
- Pepperidge Farm Cracker Chips – never tried them before, but they were on sale this week. Pretty good, especially the Zesty Chili and Lime flavour.
- Taquera sauce – the closest thing I could find to red enchilada sauce. Hopefully it’ll work as a substitution.
- tomato sauce – I’m planning on making a from-scratch meat sauce this week. I need to get the recipe from my mom, so I bought a bottle just in case I don’t have all the ingredients.
- english muffins
- whole wheat pizza crust and sauce
- whole wheat spaghetti
- body wash
- boyfriend lunches
- face-cleansing cloths – never actually tried these before. I’ve been breaking out a bit lately, so I thought I’d give them a shot
- tortillas (only in this picture because I forgot to through them in the one above). Anyone else in Canada have a ridiculous amount of trouble finding corn tortillas? I can never find them!
- Saturday: out
- Sunday: pot roast, mashed potatoes and broccoli
- Monday: salmon, quinoa and veggies
- Tuesday: spaghetti and homemade meat sauce
- Wednesday: tuna melts
- Thursday: How Sweet It Is Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (!!! )
- Friday: pizza
I was feeling somewhat uninspired when I was putting together this week’s meal plan, but I think I managed to get some good meals in there. Nonetheless, I need some inspiration for next time! I like experimenting and getting creative with my meals, but I feel like I’m lacking a little bit right now.
Have a good Sunday and I’ll talk to you soon!
<— Do you buy cheese pre-shredded or by the block?
<— How do you handle a lack of kitchen inspiration? Any recipes or ideas you want to throw my way?