Hello, hello! (I guess that title kind of encompasses everything, doesn’t it)?
I hope everyone’s been enjoying their weekend so far. Mine has been nice, starting Friday morning with a yogurt-bowl breakfast.
Messy bowl eaten out of the yogurt container – yup, I’m classy. Vanilla Greek yogurt, banana, blueberries, Fiber 1, and some Nature’s Path Dark Chocolate and Red Berries granola. Good start to the day, for sure.
And to finish class in the afternoon:
I may have established a new Friday afternoon ritual for myself. Seriously delicious in all of it’s aspartame glory.
My knee was still tweaking a little bit on Friday, so the gym was a no-go. Honestly, I think it’s more just tight muscles than anything else, I’ve been seriously neglecting my foam roller lately. So, I dedicated some time to stretching it out via yoga and foam rolling for a while.
Small apartment means that home workouts get done in the archway between the kitchen and the living room. Hey, if it works, it works!
Dinner was pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself.
BBQ Chicken pizza on a whole wheat crust. The pre-bought crust came with pizza sauce, so I added a few spoonfuls of BBQ sauce before I added it to the pizza. For toppings, there’s shredded chicken tossed with BBQ sauce, red bell pepper, green onions and mozzarella. It was pretty fabulous.
I’ve also come to the realization that I’ve never attempted homemade pizza crust before – that should go on my bucket list. Anyone wanna teach me how?
Of course, yesterday morning was all about groceries and meal planning.
(yup, stocking up sort of week)
- plain Greek yogurt
- frozen chicken fingers (Eric request)
- egg whites
- cottage cheese
- Coconut Greek yogurt (hells yes I found it!)
- light cream cheese
- shaved ham
- chicken breasts
- cooking onions
- red bell peppers
- grape tomatoes
- english muffins
- crunchy peanut butter (for the record, I haven’t been able to find Skippy Natural Crunchy yet. Sadness)
- Mexican red sauce (again, trying to substitute for enchilada sauce)
- black beans
- almond milk
- cocktail sauce
- Saturday: leftovers
- Sunday: chicken and veggies
- Monday: Chelsea’s Adzuki bean and butternut squash enchilada saute (I was trying to think of something to keep my Mexican food kick going, when this popped up on my reader. Girl read my mind!)
- Tuesday: bacon and eggs
- Wednesday: shrimp and garlic bread
- Thursday: steak and veggies
- Friday: homemade chicken pot pie
For the record, I lasted approximately 20 minutes before digging into that coconut Oikos.
Mmm…wonderful. Had a tropical feel to it, without the coconut feeling overbearing.
Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!
<— Anything fun meals you’re planning this week?
<— Best Greek yogurt flavour? I actually usually go with plain or vanilla, but this one’s pretty awesome. Although, I think my absolute favourite is Chobani Apple Cinnamon.