I feel like I say this every time we get to the halfway point or to the end of a month lately, but jesus, time is going by quickly. Wasn’t I just saying how awesome it was that it February was over?
Crazy – but no complaints here. After today, I’ve officially got 4 weeks left of classes (plus a few more weeks that I’ll have to do a few papers). The countdown is on – this semester has been stressful so I’m so happy to see the end in sight.
But yay Friday lists!
5 Tasty Meals that Have Escaped the Blog this Week:
1. Iowa Girl Eats – Sweet Potato Maple Hash.
So this was dinner Monday night, and it was fabulous – I subbed the pork sausage for turkey and added a fried egg on top. I’ve decided: brinner is going to become a regular in this house. The savoury sausage combined with maple syrup is to die for.
2. Slow roasted chicken, spinach salad, and baked sweet potato with cinnamon and coconut butter.
Butter popcorn rice cakes > regular rice cakes. Loved them.
5. Snacktime – coconut Oikos, peanut butter, and a crumbled graham cracker.
5 Happenings this Week:
1. Evidently, I am following suggestions for my coconut butter.
You guys are so smart It doesn’t replace my beloved peanut butter, but I definitely like it!
2. The morning that I woke up to this:
Was the same morning that my space heater broke. Eric tried to play handyman, but nope – it is definitely done.
So now there’s another reason for me to wish for spring. My apartment gets extreme with weather – it’s crazy sticky and hot in the summer and freezing in the winter. So if we don’t get spring weather soon, this is not going to be an uncomfortable couple of weeks…
3. I’m trying to make friends with this thing:
(yes, it could probably use a cleaning). And…it’ll take a couple tries. Heather did give me a recommendation for a tea that will do what I needed the coffee to do, so I may just have to look for that.
4. We recently had a club-size box of graham crackers come into our possession, so I have been eating them all week.
I actually couldn’t remember the last time I had a graham cracker…but they’re tasty little things! I’m not going to lie, I’m thinking I need to find some Marshmallow Fluff this weekend…
5. I opened my bottle of BCAA Splash this week.
I liked it! Anything watermelon flavoured works for me.
The only thing I don’t like about it is that I can’t just drop a spoonful in a glass of water and stir up – in order to make it mix, I have to use the blender bottle. A small complaint, but a complaint nonetheless
5 Things I Will Ration Because I Hate to Run Out Midweek:
I don’t do midweek grocery trips, so there are some things I really, really hate running out of.
1. Eggs. I eat them daily – they might be one of my favourite foods.
2. Baby carrots. Favourite thing to munch on!
3. Cheese. I don’t care for a cheese-less existence.
4. Crackers – the boyfriend snacks on them daily.
5. Almond milk – I don’t even buy cow’s milk anymore (I prefer the vanilla flavour I get with almond) so if I run out, it’s water or nothing.
Have a great Friday!
<— Will you make a mid-week grocery run if you run out of something?
<— What did you get up to this week?
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4480821/?claim=63rdmj2zmqm”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>