So, I think it’s pretty fair to say that I’m absolutely hooked on buffalo sauce.
Lately, I cannot stop adding it to everything. Everything! But for my tastes, it’s absolutely perfect – tangy and spicy.
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I love going to gatherings and finding a big container of Buffalo Chicken Dip. It’s pretty obvious how much I love it – a family friend would always bring to our house for get-togethers, and I was such a fan that she started bringing me my own personal little pot of it. Obsessed much?
So of course, thinking about that gave me a huge craving for that dip again. While I didn’t think it was the greatest idea to make a big pot of it and call it dinner (although, give me a few weeks and we’ll see what happens) I decided it would work well in quesadilla form. Creamy chicken dip with lots of cheese, except sandwiched in a tortilla instead of served with chips. The recipe came together easily and was absolutely delicious – and allowed me to combine my buffalo obsession with my current Mexican food obsession Win-win.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
(Serves 2-3 as entrée, 4-5 as an appetizer)
- ~2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ~3 tablespoons light cream cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- buffalo sauce to taste (I used about 3 tablespoons, which was spicy without being overbearing
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or montery jack cheese (or, if you’re a blue cheese fan, do a mix of shredded cheese and crumbled blue)
- toppings of choice – guacamole, sour cream, Greek yogurt, green onions…
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers, cook until soft. Add chicken.
2.Add buffalo sauce to taste and cream cheese. Mix until incorporated – mix should be a bit clumpy.
3. Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. Place 1 tortilla in the pan, and add 1/3 of chicken mixture to one side, topped with 1/4 cup cheese. Tip: make sure that a lot of cheese is near the outside of the tortilla. This will act as a seal when you press the two sides together.
4. Flip the empty side of the tortilla to cover the filling and press down. Cook until crisp, then flip. When both sides are crisp, set aside and repeat with other tortillas/fillings. Cut quesadillas into thirds or quarters. Serve with desire toppings.
Quick, easy, and fulfilled my buffalo chicken dip craving. Cannot beat that!
And speaking of amazing things that can’t be beat…
Please tell me I’m not the only one who thinks Icy Squares are the best thing ever. We got a little care package of chocolate from the university yesterday (Wellness week…chocolate = wellness. Fact). And one of these was tucked in there. So good! They always remind me of Christmas, because my dad goes to Bulk Barn and absolutely stocks up on them to put in little festive container around the house. It was definitely enjoyed as dessert last night – they’re mind-numbingly sweet, but that’s how I like it.
And in other news, I’ve got an interview for a summer job today! Send me good vibes, alright?
Have a good one!
<— What’s your current favourite sauce/condiment?
<— Is there such a thing as ‘too sweet?’ I never understand it when I hear people say that something is too sweet for them. But then again, I could eat buttercream icing by the bucket, so clearly I can handle sweet stuff.