Hi there! If you have the day off today, I hope it’s gotten off to a fabulous start. The university is closed today, and my Monday class got cancelled. So…four day weekend? That’s pretty fabulous.
Five Tasty Things That Escaped the Blog:
1. Whole wheat penne with meat sauce. I used a bottled sauce and added onion, mushrooms, bell pepper, celery and seasonings, with parm sprinkled on top. I threw mine on some arugula for some green.
2. Chipotle tuna mixed with hummus on top of toasted English muffin halves spread with cream cheese. Steamed broccoli on the side.
3. Veggie and shrimp stirfry with udon noodles.
Side note: I really, really love udon noodles. They’re fat, squishy and delicious.
4. Chicken with BBQ sauce, baked oven fries and broccoli.
5. Mini eggs It is not Easter until I get some mini eggs.
5 Thoughts of the Day:
1. I’m not impressed with myself that I let these sit in a cupboard for about a month before I opened them.
Popcorners in Kettle Corn. They’re pretty fantastic.
2. I woke up Wednesday morning with horrid neck pain. It started out feeling like I just slept on it wrong, but it kept getting worse throughout the day to the point where I spent most of the evening with a bag of frozen peas on it. It’s feeling somewhat better, but it’s still sore. I have absolutely no idea what I did to it!
3. Another weird body thing: Sunday and Wednesday mornings after breakfast, I developed a rash on my chest, shoulders and elbows. It was never itchy, but it was bright red and hot to the touch. Both times it faded within the hour. I don’t know if it’s stress, or if I’m developing an intolerance to something, or what. Body, stop doing things I don’t understand!
4. I haven’t had to wear my winter boots or my coat all week. That is fantastic – I want to say it’s Spring, but I don’t want to jinx it.
5. The season finale of The Walking Dead is on Sunday. And so is the season Premiere of Game of Thrones. Cannot even handle the TV excitement right now.
5 Things I’m Doing in Preparation for Easter Weekend:
1. Painting my nails an Easter-appropriate colour:
Essie Turquoise and Caicos. Looks like Spring to me!
of which I will show you more later
3. Getting excited because Devon will be in my hometown this weekend! She’s in visiting a friend, and I’m freakin’ ecstatic that I get to meet her in person.
4. Getting my laundry together. Trip home = doing laundry
5. Preparing for two fabulous Easter dinners – my family on Friday night, Eric’s family on Saturday. I’m all about the good meals!
Hope you have a fabulous holiday weekend!
<— What are your Easter plans?
<— What’s the best Easter candy? Reese’s eggs get my love too