So, exciting news. As of 2:30 pm, I will officially be done with graduate level classes! Next year is Thesis work, so I’m not graduating until 2014, but the fact that I never have to take a class in school again if I don’t want to is a good one.
But on to…lists of things!
5 Things I’ve Eaten Recently:
1. Oatmeal with blueberries, Bee’s Knees peanut butter, and a fried egg. Yes, I love fried eggs on my oats (get on it Sara! )
They were on sale this week and Eric absolutely adores them, so I picked up a package. I’m actually really happy with how these turned out – I made up a dry rub of salt, pepper, cumin, chile powder, Montreal steak spice, and a mango chili seasoning and baked at 325. And of course, BBQ sauce for dipping.
And I made broccoli on the side, so it’s healthy, right?
Such a good dinner.
3. Slightly charred tuna melts.
A lesson: keep an eye on the broiler. Still good though!
4. Eggs Benedict with hash browns.
My choice of breakfast when my prof treated us to breakfast yesterday.
I love eggs benedict, but never bother to make it at home. One, because poached eggs intimidate me. Two, because hollandaise does too. And yes, hollandaise was definitely dumped on those eggs before consuming.
5. Leftovers of the squash and perogie stew I made for dinner Tuesday.
I love eating stew and soup leftovers – the longer it sits in the fridge, the more flavour it gets.
5 Things I Learned This Week:
1. The boyfriend loves Turtles (the chocolates). So, bringing home a Turtles cupcake does not result in a 50/50 split.
So this cupcake was amazing. The cake part was moist (sorry if you hate that word!) the icing was fluffy, and it had a caramel injection in the middle. The shop (Decadently Yours in Brantford) just opened up a few weeks ago…about a 5 minute walk away from my apartment. Yup, I will definitely be back.
2. Crazy violin a la Lindsey Stirling is fabulous running music.
Running to this on a sunny, warm afternoon…I’m not going to lie, I kind of felt like I was in some sort of Disney movie music montage. If I could play any instrument, I’m pretty sure it would be the violin. I remember the first time I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra a few years ago, I was absolutely blown away by the female violinist. Something about a female violinist in a ‘punk rocker’ or whathaveyou getup is so badass.
3. 30 minutes in recipe time = an hour in real life. I don’t know if I’m just slow, but every time I follow a recipe it takes me double the amount of time to make it, at least.
4. Long papers are no longer really intimidating to me. For one class, I had to write critical summaries each week. These papers normally took between 8-20 pages for me to write…EACH WEEK. So now when one of my undergrads complains about having to write a 5 page paper, I laugh a little on the inside.
(P.S. Does anyone miss this show as much as I do?!)
5. 3 inch stilettos are not appropriate footwear when it’s raining outside.
Especially when you don’t have an umbrella…or a jacket. That was not pleasant, to say the least.
5 Things I’ve Pinned Recently:
1. Lime and Macadamia Pinata Cake from Claire K Creations.
Can you imagine slicing open a cake and having all that pour out?! That is freakin’ genius.
2. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup by Baked by Rachel.
I’ve never made chicken tortilla soup before, but I’ve thought it sounded good. And we all know how in love with my slow cooker I am, so…yea. Need to make this.
3. Thin Mint Puppy Chow from Your Cup of Cake.
So I know there’s a million different version of puppy chow out there, but…I need this one. Thin Mints are amazing.
4. Other Ways to Say… From Jessie’s Resources.
So I’m pretty sure almost every blogger or writer out there would find this useful. Always good to find new words to spice up your writing! Just so you know, I’m going to start using ‘stupendous’, ‘congenial’ and ‘colossal’ more often. Ok? Ok.
5. And to end it off on a positive note:
A choice I try to make on a regular basis.
And that’s what I have for you today!
Remember this banquet I went to last December? Well, they have another one tonight, and this one is rumoured to be bigger and better. And…we get a limo again!
Have stupendous day!
<— What’s something you’ve learned this week?
<— If you were to break open a pinata, what candy would you be hoping was inside? The candy you’d be disappointed to see? I’d want kisses and mini Reese’s. I always thought it was rip-off when it was full of tootsie rolls and suckers.