Good morning! I hope you’ve been having a wonderful weekend I just wanted to pop in to discuss the food and fitness happening around here.
First up, the week’s worth of groceries.
- apples (Red Delicious)
- baby carrots
- snow peas
- shaved turkey
- imitation crab
- cheese curds
- chicken hot dogs
- egg whites
- cheese strings
- whole chicken
- frozen meals (boyfriend meals)
- coconut oil
- argan oil conditioner (anyone try this stuff? Do you like it? My mom’s been using argon oil shampoo and condition recently and she swears by it)
- lemon juice
- almond milk
- canned green chilis
- banana chips
- apple cider vinegar
Dinner plan for the week:
- Saturday: out
- Sunday: chicken, sweet potato fries and broccoli
- Monday: Annie’s Mac and Cheese with chicken hot dogs
- Tuesday: pork tenderloin with homemade applesauce, rice and salad
- Wednesday: chicken tortilla soup
- Thursday: my seafood lasagna
- Friday: homemade bacon poutine
And to sum everything up, I figured I would talk about the workouts that happened last week. It was actually a little difficult for me not to pre-plan workouts…doing it for years made it a hard habit to break! But I think I did a good job at deciding the day of whether or not I wanted to work out, what I wanted to do, and when I could squeeze it in.
So last week (the 7th-13th)
- Sunday: 3 mile run. First outdoor run of the season!
- Monday: gym for an upper body workout. I focused on back, biceps and chest.
- Tuesday: gym for a leg workout.
- Wednesday: off. I was feeling a little sore and Eric was bottling wine that day, so I was helping him carry bottles up and down the stairs. More than enough for me!
- Thursday: upper body at the gym. I focused on shoulders and triceps, plus I added some core work. I also did 15 minutes of intervals on the treadmill.
- Friday: I did about 20 minutes of yoga in the morning (various Tara Stiles youtube videos) and definitely worked up a sweat dancing away at the banquet I attended that night.
- Saturday: I had a lot of errands to do so I was on my feet all morning. Walking is most certainly a workout!
Enjoy your Sunday and I’ll talk to you soon!
<— Do you have a favourite shampoo/conditioner brand? I’m partial to Marc Anthony…the only one that can give my incredibly limp hair decent volume!
<— Best workout last week? I was excited to get out for a run! Hopefully, the weather will allow for another one sometime this week