Woot Friday!! 3 weeks until I’m done classes! (Why yes, I am counting down).
Thank you so much for your well wishes on my job interview yesterday! I think it went well (at least, I’m hoping I managed to impress them).
And..lists of things!
5 Delicious Meals that Escaped the Blog:
1. Roasted cauliflower, salmon, and brown basmati rice that I cook in chicken broth with a few strands of saffron. While I prefer steamed broccoli to roasted, I’ve decided that roasted cauliflower is amazing.
2. BBQ Chicken nachos. I tossed some shredded chicken with BBQ sauce, and served it on top of low-salt tortilla chips with salsa, red bell pepper, green onion, salsa, and mozzarella. Served with sour cream and guacamole – and yes, we finished it off between the two of us.
3. Buffalo tofu (with more buffalo sauce), kale chips (with buffalo sauce) and Irish soda bread. The obsessions continue. Notice how the chips are significantly less burnt this time.
4. A breakfast cookie. I used to make these once in a while, but I’d forgotten about them lately. Seeing Lisa’s delicious-looking breakfast cookie creations made me crave one again! I made this one with peanut butter, vanilla whey protein, applesauce, cinnamon and raisins. Going for an oatmeal raisin cookie kinda thing.
5. Grilled cheese (mozzarella, brie and a slice of ham) with some incredibly sad looking yellow beans. Dinner of champions – copious amounts of ketchup was added post picture.
5 Things I’m Loving Right now.
1. My candy jar.
It sits on my coffee table. I realize it can be added to the list of things that makes me 80 years old, but I just love it.
C’mon…wouldn’t that make you happy?
2. Coconut almond milk. A few weeks ago, the best friend told me that her mom had picked some up – my immediate reaction was “I want it!” So she very nicely gifted me a box while I was home(thanks love!). It is delicious – adds such a nice creaminess compared to regular almond milk!
3. Quick cooking oats. I usually pick up large flake oats, but I accidently grabbed quick-cooking last weekend. And they’re so much more voluminous than the large flake. Such a little thing, but happiness inducing.
3. The combination of a graham cracker, peanut butter, and coconut Oikos. It is pretty much perfect.
4. Coconut Oil. I’ve been using it as a moisturizer on my face at night, and ohmygoodness my face is smooth. And it ensures that I go to bed dreaming of tropical things…mainly pina coladas.
5. The Name of the Wind. I have about ten pages left right now, so I’ll be finishing it tonight (Thursday night). It came recommended by Amanda (and I know Lisa and Caitlin loved/are loving it as well) and it is amazing!
5 More Gym Music Gems
(I seriously love the music that gets played at my gym. Takes me right back to high school).
Hope your weekend ends on a fabulous note!
<— Would you like me to do a review of The Name of the Wind?
<— What’s your preferred kind of milk? I actually really hate cow’s milk, unless it’s for cooking or with cereal.
<— What are you loving right now?