Confession: With classes being over, I tend to lose track of days of the week. Oops. But, I can still be excited for the weekend!
Which of course, I will celebrate with my usual Friday lists.
5 Things I’ve Eaten This Week:
1. The return of the giant salad.
Apparently, my body was missing out on some veggies because I put together some ginormous salads this week. This is basically the only way I can eat a meal time salad and be satisfied: It has to be absolutely loaded. This was romaine, baby carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, chicken and almonds, all topped with a pineapple curry salad dressing. Delicious.
2. The best thing about taco night:
The taco salad that occurs the next day, of course. I could easily eat these multiple times a week. The absolutely best way to eat salad, in my opinion.
3. Salmon and bacon-wrapped asparagus.
The ultimate solution to get someone to eat vegetables: wrap them in bacon. It works, I promise – Eric ate three of those bundles. I follow Jessica’s recipe, and it is absolutely amazing.
4. I’m pretty sure this qualifies under Laura’s Strange but Good category.
That would be two buttered popcorn flavoured rice cakes with guacamole and imitation crab meat. I made it again for lunch two days later, so apparently I liked it
5. Homemade gnocchi.
My first time making them, and I have to say – I’m pretty proud of myself. They turned out awesome! I made a really basic recipe (potatoes, flour, an egg and salt) and tossed them in marinara sauce and topped with a bit of parmesan – plus a bit of greens on the bottom. Although they definitely look a little haphazard, I don’t quite have the “rolling them over the fork” thing down yet.
5 Things I’m Loving this Week:
1. One of the best things about Nature’s Path Maple Cinnamon waffles is the smell that wafts out of the kitchen when you toast them.
That smell needs to be bottled and sold as a candle at Bath and Body Works, because it is incredible. Think I can sell them the idea?
2. Apparently, today is National Pretzel Day. I’m not much of a salty snack person, but I absolutely adore pretzels. I’m pretty sure they’re the most versatile snack ever: They’re good with chocolate, dipped in peanut butter, hummus, honey mustard, regular mustard, mixed in trail mix, eaten on their own…and of course, Sally had to post this yesterday, and now I want to make ALL OF THEM. After reading that, I threw this together for lunch part 2/lunch dessert/snack that happened 10 minutes after lunch:
Pretzels, almonds, and chocolate chips. I kind of wish I had peanut butter chips to throw in there too, that would have been fabulous.
3. This guy wins for most inventive marriage proposal I’ve ever seen:
Wow. How freakin’ awesome is that?!
4. This salad dressing.
When I mentioned salad dressing earlier in the week, almost everyone said that they make their own. I usually do too, but I’m really happy I bought this one – I credit it for maximizing my salad love this week. It’s sweet but with a bit of kick to it, which is fabulous.
5. Real maple syrup.
I convinced myself for so long that sugar free syrup was amazing and just as good as the real thing. Umm, no. 100% real maple syrup is unbeatable. In fact, I don’t think I could even do table syrup nowadays.
5 Awkward Google Searches that Brought Someone Here:
1. “Royalty free images of deep dish pizza”
I don’t know how I would feel about Kate Middleton all up in my deep dish pizza, either.
2. “where can I dispose my rainbow trout’”
Not here. Why would you want to dispose of it, anyways? Trout is delicious.
3. ‘”monkey attack trainer high def pic”
I don’t even know.
4. “leapin’ lemurs cereal sprouts”
5. “barbie sandals for 10 to 11 year old”
Well, my feet are fairly massive, so any sandals of mine probably won’t fit a ten year old. Nor does barbie adorn any of my feet, except these barbie shoes:
But your ten year old probably can’t walk in those.
Hope you have a fabulous Friday!
<— What’s your favourite thing to do with leftover taco filling? Making burritos is pretty high up there too.
<— If you could create your own candle scent, what would it be?
<— Salty, crunchy snacks: pretzels, chips, nuts, other?