1. The obvious: OHMYGOD look at my new header! I played around with Photoshop for a while before determining that I was hopeless, so I got one designed by Jenny at peanutbutterjenny.com. She’s awesome – she figured out exactly what I was looking for and had it to me faster than I ever could have imagined. I will definitely be using her for any future blog design needs.
2. The pumpkin problem: While I got a lot of suggestions for bread or muffins, a few people suggested pumpkin chili. Umm, why haven’t I tried this before?! This needs to happen as soon as possible. Anyone have any favourite recipes they can direct me too?
3. Apparently I jinxed myself with all my oatmeal-and-eggs talk. When I woke up yesterday, all I could think about was cereal and milk.
Enter Nature’s Path Flax Plus Red Berry Crunch, Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, and a sliced banana. I used vanilla almond milk mixed with a half scoop protein powder to avoid the ‘hungry-in-20-minutes’ syndrome (I didn’t have any regular milk on hand). Of course, there was a bit of milk left in the bowl. So I had to get another handful of cereal. That’s how it works, right?
Yes, we’re in the middle of a hideous cold snap and I want cold cereal and milk. I’m an odd one.
Travel Bucket List
So, my mom is a travel agent. While I haven’t done a lot of travelling myself, I grew up seeing pictures and hearing stories of all the places she’s been to over the years. A few times, I’ve been lucky enough to go with her – to the Bahamas when I was ten, and to Mexico when I was eighteen.
(clearly, this is from the beginning of the ED time period. Ignore that part).
So, it’s pretty much been instilled in me that I want to travel throughout my life. I have a list of cities, countries and landmarks that I would love to see in my lifetime. I am absolutely a tourist at heart – I love exploring and learning about the history of the places I visit. So, to make sure I keep myself accountable for all of it, here’s my travel bucket list!
- Vancouver (check! Went when I was about 13, it was beautiful)
- Edmonton (12. I miss that mall. Best waterpark ever).
- Montreal (but I want to go back now that I’m legal)
- Nova Scotia
- cities in Ontario don’t really count, considering that I think I’ve been almost everywhere between Windsor and Ottawa
- California – I actually want to see the entire state. I went when I was three months old, which totally doesn’t count.
- Chicago – check! I need to go back. Such a great city.
- Washington, D.C.
- New Orleans
- New York City
- Las Vegas
- Salt Lake City
Central/South America/the Carribean
- Mexico – twice!
(I went again with friends last May – such a fun trip!)
- the Bahamas (done!)
- Costa Rica
- France (Paris!)
- Switzerland (for the chocolate, obviously)
- Vatican City
- Egypt (I had such an obsession with Egyptian history growing up. I’m pretty sure I’ve written about 3 different reports on Cleopatra throughout my life)
- Israel (I’m not religious, but it’s one of those things I think everyone needs to see)
- Japan (so I can eat sushi like it’s my job)
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
Slowly but surely, I’ll check them all off.
<—Are you a big traveller? What was your favourite trip?
<—Where are you hoping to go next?