So, this week has continued to reinforce the idea that I need a puppy.
Leon goes home tomorrow We had one bad morning with him (let’s just say that dealing with a dog in digestive distress does not make for a good time) but otherwise, it’s been awesome having a cuddly dog in the apartment.
So…anyone in need of a dog-sitter?
Slim and Sculpt Elite: Phase 3
So, the week before Easter, I finished up with The Slim and Sculpt Elite Training program I bought from Carrie at This Fit Chick. I had worked with her before for her original Slim and Sculpt program, which I enjoyed so much I purchased the Elite program in January. This was the superset phase – girl knows how to finish it with a bang! Almost all supersets, all the time. Due to the layout out of the gym I had to break down some of the workouts into single sets, but I still feel like I got a great workout and saw progress.
The final phase had 5 workouts a week; 5 days of lifting and 4 days of cardio, broken down into steady state, intervals, and HIIT. It was an intense four weeks – no wonder I didn’t feel like hitting up the gym at all last week!
- Workout A + Cardio: I used to hate working biceps…until I actually developed some semblance of biceps Now it’s one of my favourites!
- Workout B: I freakin’ adore working legs. I had to break down one set of supersets here due to my gym layout, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although goblet squats = paaaain. I did make some deadlift progress though, which always makes me happy.
- Workout C + Cardio: Again, due to gym layout had to break up one of the supersets. It was also my first time doing overhead presses – those are definitely challenging. And a friend of mine pointed out that I was making his (male) roommate look bad for pressing the same weight he was (he was joking, obviously). I took it as a compliment…hells yea I’m strong The HIIT almost left me in tears each week. Definitely challenging.
- Workout D + Cardio: Nothing really of note here…although for steady state cardio, I would usually just jump on the elliptical for a while.
- Workout E + Cardio: A pretty simple workout for the weekend, which I appreciated. It had been so long since I’d done planks!
So definitely a great plan overall. It was a challenge, but it was doable. I saw progress in my lifts,which was my ultimate goal. I’m continuing to put on (muscle) weight, which I’m happy with. I would wholeheartedly recommend it if you’re in the market for a good workout plan to follow!
So between the two plans, I feel a lot more confident in the gym. I’m by no means a personal trainer (or anywhere near that level), but I feel like I’m starting to figure out what combinations work and what makes for an effective routine.
The next phase: no workout plan at all. I’ve been back at the gym this week, which I’ve been enjoying, but I’m still waiting to see where the unplanned month of workouts takes me.
Now, I am off to my AM class – where the professor is treating us to breakfast at Williams The perks of having a class that consists of six people. Hope you guys have an awesome Thursday!
<— Any “hell yea!” workout moments for you lately? New PR, hit a new yoga pose, things of the sort?
<— Do you follow routines for your workouts, or do you make up your own?
<— Favourite chain coffeeshop? I think mine’s probably Coffee Culture.