Good morning! How’s everyone doing today?
I had a really short week…but I’m still really excited it’s Friday
Lists of things!
Tasty Things I’ve Eaten this Week:
1. Leftover turkey…lots of leftover turkey. Both my mom and Eric’s mom sent us home with leftovers, so we’ve been picking at those this week. And turkey sandwiches are my favourite way to do so – open faced turkey sandwich with olive oil mayo, spinach and tomato.
2. Homemade black bean burgers. The flavour was there, but they were crumbly so they still need some work.
3. Said black bean burger stuffed into a massive sweet potato with spinach, tomato, avocado and sour cream. Favourite lunch of the week, easily.
4. Cream cheese, ham and eggs on butter popcorn flavoured rice cakes with veggies and pretzels.
5. Chocolate. I knew I loved Easter for a reason.
Also included in the stash is the Mini Eggs and Reese’s Eggs I bought. And the Kisses and M&Ms I won. My sweet tooth is so happy right now.
5 Happenings this Week:
1. Even before I decided that I was going to be taking a break from planning my workouts this month, I had been feeling like I needed a break from the gym. I haven’t been all week and it has been lovely. Woot rest!
2. I’m sadly disappointed by Canadian Target.
The one in London is open, so I asked (demanded) that Eric and I check it out last weekend. It’s ok. I was hoping for some of the fun brands you can find in the States, but the vast majority of the foodie things were the same I can find at other grocery stores. The clothes were cute, but the prices weren’t that great. Target, I am let down.
3. While I was in Target, I got a craving for trail mix, but they were out of the only ones that were jumping out at me. So, I hit the bulk bins when I was at the grocery store a few days later.
Deluxe mixed nuts, banana chips, dried papaya, dried pineapple, raisins, and pretzels. Banana chips are always my favourite. And it looks that much prettier in a mason jar.
4. When I saw my mom last weekend, she excitedly told me how she’s been eating oatmeal for breakfast in the mornings and she loves it. Is it weird that I got really excited over that?
5. My face is so.freakin’.dry. I usually get dry skin in the winter, but it’s the transition from winter to spring when it really acts up. So in an attempt to soften it a little, I tried an avocado and honey mask the other day.
Sexy – as seen on my instagram!
It made my face softer, but it didn’t do too much for the dry-ness. So, back to the drawing board on that one.
5 Shows I’m watching right now:
1. Game of Thrones. Of course. The opening episode wasn’t too exciting, but I’m just happy it’s back on TV. I know they’re setting up for the exciting stuff later on
2. Bates Motel.
Is anyone else watching this show? It’s the story of Norman Bates (The main character in Psycho) when he was a teenager and his mother first bought the motel. It’s really good! Although, I remember when Freddie Highmore was all cute in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And now he’s a creepy future serial killer. Huh.
3. Hell’s Kitchen. I love any sort of cooking competition show. Now, I just need to wait for Masterchef to start again. And it’s basically my life goal to eat in a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.
I just love him.
4. How I Met Your Mother. Really, who doesn’t love this show?
5. This is an honourable mention because the season just ended but – The Walking Dead. I don’t even know what to make of that finale!
Seems like the best plan in a zombie attack.
Hope your Friday is wonderful!
<— What TV shows are you watching right now?
<— Any miraculous dry-skin cures?